test drove my T66 today!

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i must say, i can tell a difference between the old pt-61 and my big wheel t66. there is some noticable part throttle lag, but it makes it nice to drive, and i dont have to boost all the time while passing ect....

i only went wot once, and it was at 8-9 psi (must be on the spring), i turned the boost up a bit, and let is spool up at 35, and mutilated the tires at 10psi lol

hopefully i can get this thing to spool on the line....i may need a small dose of n2o......:dunno:

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
im running the ct kit exactly how it comes, is there another way i would do it? im all ears

as for a brake torque....i got about 1-2 psi out of it...im sure with a little better tuning, and maybe turning the boost up a bit i could launch it at 3-5 psi....

however, my car really isnt extreme...is it? just a ct kit, with a larger turbo, and a turbo cam....?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
im running the ct kit exactly how it comes, is there another way i would do it? im all ears

as for a brake torque....i got about 1-2 psi out of it...im sure with a little better tuning, and maybe turning the boost up a bit i could launch it at 3-5 psi....

however, my car really isnt extreme...is it? just a ct kit, with a larger turbo, and a turbo cam....?

more extreme than mine for sure... im running off wastegate spring... 8psi-ish... and i was just thinking that maybe the difference in turbo size is really doing it... or possibly wastegate placement... or the better flowing z7 xover... who knows.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
with the pt-61 i had trouble making boost at the line before the car would lunge...same issue with the t66. i JUST deleted the abs, and i'm positive the brakes are bled out well, i wonder if there is something else (aside from the parking brake) that i can do to get it to like 5psi out of the hole...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL

Upgrading to a 38mm wastegate is not a bad idea. The Evo unit is quite junk and tends to boost spike over 16psi with the little 60-1. An open dump wastegate on a CT kit would be nice upgrade as well. When Kevin(CT) and I were going over my old kit, he was suggesting an open dump with anything larger then the 60-1 on a track only car. A car he was testing with a T67 showed some nice gains running a short Dump next to the normal DP(like the Z3 kits).

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
yeah i got the t66 from matt. has a big exhaust wheel. 2 trim, F1 wheel

i did a tad bit of tuning today, and setup my mod'd maf file, car runs SOO much better. I didnt do any 1st gear pulls, and in fact, just a couple of short WOT runs till i get it dialed in a bit more. what i know for sure though, is on 12psi the car is faster than it ever has been.

heres a quick scan...i noticed my timing is down to 12*...i have it set to stock tables...i thought stock was like 16* i need to get that up or im liable to burn a valve! the only WOT run is in the first few frames....
http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=5937

another with a little more boost....
http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=5938

edit: my wb isnt logging yet, but its a solid 11.5 at wot

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
yah i need to mess with it...i just wanted to make sure the car wa safe to drive, and that high idle was killing me lol. at 750 commanded, the st4 lopes very nicely....

how do i put different parameters in the gauges in hpt? if i must, i guess ill get the credit for my car too lol...

Personally i like the graph more. Just right click on whatever scanner your using and go to change parameters. What all do you want to see is the question?...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info