What Fog lights?

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
I am getting tired of replacing the silver stars on my car!:ugh:

They are stock amperage but they keep blowing out to the point i always have one side blown out and not working. Rarely do i have both working at the same time.

The failure mode is the same the glass or bulb portion is intact but the element or filament is broken or open so it does not light up. I am sure i installed them correctly but its not working out.

Also, i dont need cray light output just a bulb thats brighter than stock or equivalent to silver stars.

TIA

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Ditto on the silverstars, they always burnt out on me as well. I went with a $30 fog light kit from Meijer, which is cheaper than two silverstars and much more effective.

They were the cyberwhites, but I don't remember which model. Unfortunately they have a blue cover, but the color is bright white.

You drive a Grand Prix?

purtygtp002.jpg

Claybarresultsandcaliber040.jpg

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
I would go with GE Nighthawks. Not to be confused with the Nighthawk Sport which have blue tint. Narva Rangepower +30 and +50, Philips Vision plus or Osram Silverstars. These are not like Sylvania Silverstars they don't have the blue tint and they should last longer you'd have to order these online as I don't believe any stores carry Osram. The bulbs I recommended won't look as white but the light output will be higher because of the lack of blue tint cutting the light output.

A regular cheap nontinted bulb of the same wattage puts out more lumens than the Sylvania Silverstars and is a third of the price.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
I would go with GE Nighthawks. Not to be confused with the Nighthawk Sport which have blue tint. Narva Rangepower +30 and +50, Philips Vision plus or Osram Silverstars. These are not like Sylvania Silverstars they don't have the blue tint and they should last longer you'd have to order these online as I don't believe any stores carry Osram. The bulbs I recommended won't look as white but the light output will be higher because of the lack of blue tint cutting the light output.

A regular cheap nontinted bulb of the same wattage puts out more lumens than the Sylvania Silverstars and is a third of the price.

Good info, exactly what i looking for. I thought Osram owned silvania. The search is on.
I roll with my fogs on too but my old bulbs were yellow compared to headlight bulbs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info