I feel like a dunce

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive been driving around with my SES light on forever. The last time I checked it, (bout 5 months ago. :hsugh: ) it was just for the EVAP. Well, I was bored yesterday in traffic so I switched my scanmaster to DTC mode and saw 2 new codes.

P0122
P0171

Along side its buddy P1441 which is EVAP.

So apparently the TPS sensor is bad, or the wiring I got from ZZP. Take your pick, and there is a lean condition. I also noticed that semi open header sound since I had the radio off when I touch the gas. Guess its time to take a lookse under the hood. :roflpicard:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Know where I can find N* TPS sensors?
iirc it's the same part number as the LS sensors...dirt cheap ya might want to pocket a couple from a u pull it. some parts places still have borg warner/wells sensors but it'd last longer to get a factory sensor.

it might be worth it for you/or a shop to hook up a DSO backprobed to the signal wire and cycle the throttle to check for the glitch/dropout before you spend the $ on the sensor unless you can borrow a sensor...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
iirc it's the same part number as the LS sensors...dirt cheap ya might want to pocket a couple from a u pull it. some parts places still have borg warner/wells sensors but it'd last longer to get a factory sensor.

it might be worth it for you/or a shop to hook up a DSO backprobed to the signal wire and cycle the throttle to check for the glitch/dropout before you spend the $ on the sensor unless you can borrow a sensor...

Ill have to give Justin at Caspers a jingle and see if they have the equipment to test the sensors.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
P0122 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input
yup sounds like a big droput for the pcm to actually detect it...if you scan tps and slowly open/close the throttle linkage you may actually see the dropout if it's bad enough for the pcm to see it, also check that none of the terminals backed/or were pushed out of the connector nose. if it's a ground issue it'd show as a high input error, so also check for the 5v reference at the tps and the map

P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1)
likely the ex leak or a missfire

P1441 Evaporative System Flow During Non-Purge
take off the purge solenoid and tap the openings onto a white piece of paper and look for small chunks of carbon from the charcoal cannister use a 9v battery to open it and allow you to jar loos anything in the valve seat...if you see em take a small cheap lawn mower fuel filter and put it inline with the cannister to purge solenoid line to have it filter/trap the granules before they can trap the solenoid open...3$ filter is alot cheaper than new lines and cannister that a dealer would want you to install....

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
my heap needs a new TPS too...it's needed one for years, I've just dealt with the consequences because I'm too cheap.

Mostly just idle speed goofiness, but occasionally it fucked with the shifting. I just acknowledged that the car was a POS and ran with it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
my heap needs a new TPS too...it's needed one for years, I've just dealt with the consequences because I'm too cheap.

Mostly just idle speed goofiness, but occasionally it fucked with the shifting. I just acknowledged that the car was a POS and ran with it.

The trans reason is why I want to swap it. First gear revs up to about 4500 under light throttle. Also seems to want to wait a second to get moving from a stop as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info