need new turbo...advice?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
fwiw i posted on cgp too....

long story short, my turbo is locked up. i had to get the car home, so its too f-in hot right now to get off the car, but i took the compressor housing off, and i've got a few fins broken off, and it's locked on in the exhaust side. i still have to get the ic pipes off to dig out the pieces.....

i need a new unit. my current setup consists of an ic'd ct kit, pt-61, st4 cam w/ 130's, 3500 stall w/ zzp trans. i suppose i could send this unit out to be rebuilt, however im not sure where to go with it.

with a wedding coming up, i'm kind of on a tight leash (i know i know, already!) with how much i can spend, but im racing this car this year no matter what lol.

i know matt could get a t67 for prolly 850, but i'd like to be more in the 400-600 range tops. im sticking with the ct pipes, meaning a non-vband outlet. anyone have any advice on what i should do here? I dont necsasarily HAVE to upgrade, but why not?

im open to all advice, including the ole' gasoline/match trick lol

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
ya no problem. but i was talking to him about all of those turbos that he has and he mentioned that one turbo, he said it has a .96 ar. so if you did get that you would need a new hot side. sooo idk what to say. it might be better off with just getting a new bolt in T67 from him with only spending a little more.

what do you think happened?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info