Haveing some problems need help!

GTP23

Feb 10, 2008
Des Plaines
-2000 Pontiac GTP

-Mods: 3.4 pulley,3'downpipe,no RES or cat(borla mufflers), thrasher intake, Auto light 104's(gap at .55),180t-stat, ZZP pcm, (BASIC MODS pretty much)

-Problem: well about 2 weeks ago i changed my spark plugs and made shure that i had them gapt at .55, and everything started up fine and ran fine once i was done. so i needed gas in my car and i always go to shell gastation ( u gota love the v-power) but i dont no if u guys no but they added an enrichment to nitrogen which helps keep the engine clean, but anyway i put a full tank and drove around, and as i was driveing i was waiting tell i hit 3rd gear so i can stomp on it so it down shifts to first for a bitter pull but as i did that i was lauching in first but it felt like there was a back fire or some kind of lag or poping noise out the exhaust which kinda held the car back. I was wondering if anyone knew what it is cause it still does it.

-Tryed to solve: well my first guess was the gas, cause this all started since i put the new type of gas that shell has but i just recently put gas from Mobil 1 and waiting to see what happens , and ontop of that i checked my spark plug gap and they were all fine
ANY IDEAS!!

GTP23

Feb 10, 2008
Des Plaines
ok well it looks like i fix the problem... what i did was i took the spark plug wires and look at them and inspected them and i noticed that there was orange dry gunky stuff in the end of the wires were they connect to the spark plugs, i think it was from when i put a dab of silicon in them the last time i used them. and i noticed that my IAT was dirty and i wiped that down and cleaned the air box to. also i used sand paper to clean of the coil tips cause i noticed that it seemed alittle dirtty. i only test drove my car for like 20 min and there seems to be no probablem.. soo hopefully what i did workd... but thxs for the help

GTP23

Feb 10, 2008
Des Plaines
I don't no it supposedly cleans out your engine more but i ran into some problems when i put a full tank from shell look at the first post ^. but you see im not 100 percent shure that it was the gas. I just cleaned my spark plug wires and stuff but i also had about 3/4 of Mobil 1 gas (super plus) and i have no more problems anymore

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
A little OT but i changed over to E70 (winter blend E85) added 5* of timing (21* total on a 3.4) leaned it out to 12.2:1 and run KR free. High octane good smelling fuel FTW. I was only able to run stock timing on 93 and it smells like shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info