Running 3.5 instead of 3.4

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Thinking about running a 3.5 instead of a 3.4. I know for sure I need a downpipe and some front exhaust work.

Can I run the 3.5 for the time being for a little extra pep without running KR or anything like that? How about a simple U-Bend delete? Yeah I know downpipe is the way to go but I do not have $275 + other parts + install for it at the moment. I could on the other hand pick up the modular pulley setup with a 3.5 and 3.8 pulley.

Should I be alright with this and a dhp pcm? I do not want to run a 3.4 without good supporting mods. I need the car for a dd.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Thinking about running a 3.5 instead of a 3.4. I know for sure I need a downpipe and some front exhaust work.

Can I run the 3.5 for the time being for a little extra pep without running KR or anything like that? How about a simple U-Bend delete? Yeah I know downpipe is the way to go but I do not have $275 + other parts + install for it at the moment. I could on the other hand pick up the modular pulley setup with a 3.5 and 3.8 pulley.

Should I be alright with this and a dhp pcm? I do not want to run a 3.4 without good supporting mods. I need the car for a dd.

Most get KR on a 3.8, I'd be pretty impressed if your KR free on a 3.5, is it going to kill your motor, probably not..... but you will have some KR

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
you gotta pay to play at all levels of the modding game

you could technically put a 3.0 pulley on it and still use it as a DD, just stay out of boost, i never really go above 20% throttle for like 90% of the year lol and dont hit boost

in your case, get all teh supporting mods done first and then drop pulley sizes to a 3.4 after all is said and done

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info