LTFT's 16.41 @ idle and while off gas.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have had this issue for about a week now ever since I changed my IFR table via a spreadsheet Tommygloves and I have been working on to calibrate my DIC mpg with my 42lb injectors. I also reset the MAF to a stock LS6 at the time to start MAF tuning fresh with the warmer weather. (have N* and LS6 maf). This could have been a coincidence though. At idle my car sits at 16.41 LTFT and when I let off the gas cruising. At other throttle positions it is normal for a untuned MAF table, and im not concerned. This only happens when the car is warmed up. When its cold the idle trims seem kinda normal. Wideband also pegs lean when I let off the gas if im going fast enough (I was told this was normal). Thinking this could be a vacuum leak I searched last night for one. I found a big rip the rubber T under the snout. Drove around trying to find a new one at 8:00 at night but failed, I was later told this is a dealer only part. I bought a plastic T and some fuel hose and made a new vacuum T and installed. After resetting the fuel trims and driving around for a bit the LTFT's went back to 16.41. :squint:

I don't really think this is a tuning issue but rather a vacuum leak somewhere, that I cant find. I read this post on clubgp and think I may also have developed a leak, because I am running these same ZZP garlock supercharger gaskets.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=4809538&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

:dunno: :ford:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
That T comes in a set with the T for the FPR and the lines that connect it to the LIM T you're describing, and a line that goes back to the MAP sensor i believe. That's also the only place i've been able to find it and it cost 23 bucks last i checked. I'm sure if you looked harder you could find a generic rubber T that fit the LIM and those lines but I'm not sure where.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
If you have a vac leak that seems impossible to find, the first place I look are the injector bosses. I've doubled up o-rings to fix them before. PRJ had a PN for some Sorensen brand o-rings that were a little thicker thn normal to help in this, but unfortunately I don't have it written down anywhere.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
3448ltu.gif

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I have had this issue for about a week now ever since I changed my IFR table via a spreadsheet

This could be your problem, i'll bet you mis-calibrated your shit provided there aren't any vac leaks. Start scaling the IFR table UP in your case to add fuel in the idle areas of the IFR table. Don't screw around with the maf until you get your IFR table done correctly. Have you any idea how much vac your pulling? I'm assuming you don't have a gauge since your car clearly isn't a rececar like mine.

p.s. the up and down temperatures we're going to expierience for the next couple 2-3 weeks is going to play hell with your maf tunes. One day they'll be spot on and the next they'll be off. :)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
PANDA- How much adjustment was applied to your IFR table the last time you changed it? +/- %? Did you also apply the suggested MAF changes? Send me your sheet and bin if you would.

Not sure, I plugged in my gas readings into the sheet and used a stock LS6 maf file for calibration because I reset it. Then imported the new IFR table and kept the maf the same because it didn't change. Did I fail?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think you did. :confused:

Do you still have a copy of the old bin right before the changes with the DIC tuner sheet? If so, send me those along with your new bin.

Yeah I save a copy of the bin everytime before I make any change.

If your saying all I need is MAF tuning. Im going up to Lake Geneva on Sat and will scan the car the whole way up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info