need info

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
What do you need? Honestly most people don't bother with actually torquing suspension fasteners. Impact that shit on and call it a day. Let me know what you need. Otherwise a library should have Alldata or Shopkey. Or get a Haynes manual. You can probably even find one online in pdf form.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
What do you need? Honestly most people don't bother with actually torquing suspension fasteners. Impact that shit on and call it a day. Let me know what you need. Otherwise a library should have Alldata or Shopkey. Or get a Haynes manual. You can probably even find one online in pdf form.

i was always under the impression that once the car was back on all 4 wheels, that you need to go back and torque everything down. i dont know to much when it comes to suspension parts..but i looked for the haynes manual, thats the one i couldnt find. i would like to find the program that i can load on my laptop that gives you step by step repair info.

im ordering strut top plates f/r, kyb agx struts, gmpp f/r swaybar kit and new endlinks, front zzp control arms, bmr forward and rear lateral arms, bmr tubular trailing arms, and new front hub bearings/abs sensors. i think thats all maybe a few extra but cant recall off the top of my head. basically whatever makes up the entire front and rear suspension!!

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
That's a lot of research lol. I'll get back to you in the morning. I don't imagine you will be doing too much at 2 in the morn. :)

i dont even have the parts in yet, im just gathering what i will need for when the install time comes. but im actually looking for a program that i can put on my laptop right now. but im not doing the install til i have all the parts here and ready to go. maybe a few weeks more and i should have everything in.

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
Sorry, TCG didn't notify me of the visitor posts...
I was going to do my suspension but I ended up needing the bump-stops, boots, and a few other things from my stock suspension to have my buddy put the springs to the struts...
He owns a shop & told me to just "drop her off, I'll hook you up!"
That he did! Being said, I ended up needing new drive-shafts as well. He had the car for 2 days, & I got to drive his 5.0 Mustang (Forgot how much fun RWD was)

http://www.GPONA.com has the GM service manual hosted on there forum.
The link is near the top right, maybe the info you're looking for is there.

I just bought my 1st Torque Wrench last week & have yet to use it...
I'm the guy that torques based on the size of the nut/bolt using my body weight and an uneducated guess :s00ls:

What time-frame are you going for on the install?
I could use a few extra (lol, is it extra if it's the only?) bux...

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Sorry, TCG didn't notify me of the visitor posts...
I was going to do my suspension but I ended up needing the bump-stops, boots, and a few other things from my stock suspension to have my buddy put the springs to the struts...
He owns a shop & told me to just "drop her off, I'll hook you up!"
That he did! Being said, I ended up needing new drive-shafts as well. He had the car for 2 days, & I got to drive his 5.0 Mustang (Forgot how much fun RWD was)

http://www.GPONA.com has the GM service manual hosted on there forum.
The link is near the top right, maybe the info you're looking for is there.

I just bought my 1st Torque Wrench last week & have yet to use it...
I'm the guy that torques based on the size of the nut/bolt using my body weight and an uneducated guess :s00ls:

What time-frame are you going for on the install?
I could use a few extra (lol, is it extra if it's the only?) bux...

im waiting for all the parts to arrive, then i will be installing them. i dont want to lower the car, so im probably either going to reuse the springs, or buy new stock springs. i cant find aftermarket springs that are stock height. to make installing it easier, i was thinking of renting a lift at capital. im also thinking of a SSIC also to install at the same time, oh and i forgot to mention headers are ordered too!!

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
All these items are easy to install, but are time consuming. No need to really torque anything down by spec unless it's your brakes and you are that anal about it. If you have basic tools and a little common sense it can be done.

Also when you tighten everything up make sure its under a load like its sitting on the ground. You will regret it, I tightened everything down with no load on the suspension and was back with all four tires off the next day about ready to kill my self from all the clunking and creaking.

Like I told Impala about his lateral links I could help him out. This summer hopefully I will put some faces to the names on the site.

I did my struts, mounts, lowered, and put trailing arms and 2 lateral links on my w-body.

When you get the stuff let me or fastkatt know if you need a hand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info