Possible MAP sensor problem?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So here i am sitting in bed reviewing my scan from my recent trip to Gameworks in Schaumburg on Saturday. I'm looking at my MAP and it says i hit 22psi at 74% throttle?! wtf is this? I did take the map sensor off when i did some work on the car last fall but I'm not sure it would be possible to reconnect the vacuum lines the wrong way. There is no way I'm running 22 pounds of boost on an M90 with a 3.4 pulley. Also, i don't recall the boost gauge showing numbers like that. Any ideas?

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Yep that's your problem right there. The psi reading is adding the first bar (100 kPa) of manifold pressure to the 58 kPa of boost. Each bar(100 kPa) is equal to 14.7 psi. So you are seeing the reading of 14.7 psi + ((58/100)*14.7). This would result in seeing a value of 23.226 psi. This value is actually correct if you are simply looking to measure the manifold pressure. Because the manifold pressure while in boost will be equal to the barometric pressure plus the boost pressure. So...

Set that scan parameter to boost rather than psi and you will be seeing the correct value.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• DanJ
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list