Stopping millage counting on GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Just for educational purpose, is it possible to stop the counting of miles on a GP? A friend of mine told be that his mechanic was going to stop the millage counting on his 06 Trail Blazer.

Right at this time I had a light bulb blink on above my head :D

BTW, anything beside physically breaking the mechanism.

Get a different gauge cluster, put in the stock one for emissions, then put in the other one again. That's the best i can think of, very illegal but so are a lot things.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Many electronic clusters store the mileage inside of them, and not in the ECU.

For example, in a ford focus (not that I'd know, nor have I ever done this.....)

If you pull the fuse for the gauge cluster, the car will not log miles (but you loose your gauge cluster because it has no power)

It is very easy to take connectors, and wire it to a fused switch so for example, so you can get onto the freeway (cluster working, recording miles) and then set your cruise, and then kill the cluster.

But for reference, this is a 'felony', BUT the only way I can imagine this being 'dangerous' is in case you get into an accident while its installed and then your insurance company gets wind of it, you're in a heap of shit.

snoop

Regular
Oct 15, 2008
yeah dude, its pretty serious..if i was you, keep this in a pm...shit, maybe even delete this thread. get your answers and bounce. dont get too into this in the open

but then again, its only illegal if you get caught right? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info