04+ exhaust

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
how much? do you need an exhaust to put on the car? is it mandrel bent? i would be interested in trading plus some cash.. i have a 98 regal gs with 2.5" exhaust to GXP mufflers. not the prettiest thing but sounds AMAZING!

im not sure if it is mandrel bent. i am almost positive it is. it was installed by James Dean exhaust. i would call and ask them, but they closed down. im still thinking about getting rid of what i got now. so if i do, it would be a trade, but you pay to get the exhaust changed from car to car. so yours hung on mine, and mine hung on yours. whatever that will cost. im not sure of the model mufflers i have, i do have the paperwork at home and i can look to see what model they are. also the tips i have need a good polishing.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
if you come down to my dad house (60940) i can make the swap myself. are you getting rid of the car or just want to be quieter? anyway give me a call and we can figure out what to do. 815 953 2379 (Cell)

im keeping the car. what town does your dad live. i want something new but until i decide what i want the exhaust as stock as possible. your setup sounds good. how loud is yours? oh and whats your name? so i know who im gonna be talkin to!!

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
Hey, I'm Doug. the GXP mufflers are almost totally quiet while cruising. has a nice deep idle and is louder than stock at WOT but still pretty quiet. i love the way the car sounds but i am planning on modding more and i will need something that flows better than those GXP Mufflers. they have supported my car well so far (should run low 13's now) but i dont think i can go much farther with them.

i am assuming the exhaust you have now is LOUD. which is OK. (i only drive 10 miles to work each day)

o and the 60940 is the zip. sorry i should have called that out. its grant park, il. i mapquested it. it will be a lil over an hour. i would go up there but i need tools... : (..

if you want we could meet somewhere to check out eachothers setups before you make the drive all the way down.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Hey, I'm Doug. the GXP mufflers are almost totally quiet while cruising. has a nice deep idle and is louder than stock at WOT but still pretty quiet. i love the way the car sounds but i am planning on modding more and i will need something that flows better than those GXP Mufflers. they have supported my car well so far (should run low 13's now) but i dont think i can go much farther with them.

i am assuming the exhaust you have now is LOUD. which is OK. (i only drive 10 miles to work each day)

o and the 60940 is the zip. sorry i should have called that out. its grant park, il. i mapquested it. it will be a lil over an hour. i would go up there but i need tools... : (..

if you want we could meet somewhere to check out eachothers setups before you make the drive all the way down.

actually the exhaust is loud but not as loud as you would think. it has a nice sound to it. im willing to meet up and check your exhaust out. however im going to be out of town this weekend, but the following weekend would be cool. on sunday perhaps? let me know what will work for you.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
havent heard from ya just wanted to see if we were still going to shoot for sunday. let me know..

sorry, just got back from florida. i wont be able to make it sunday. my car is not working. but i will take some pics and if i can get the car started ill take a vid of it for you. im working on getting the car fixed. so ill keep you posted.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
what is wrong with the car? there isnt much i havent done to one of these...

there is some suspension stuff broke that will be fixed as soon as all my parts arive. but the main concern now is that when i start the car after it is warmed up, it will not start back up. the starter just clicks and it wont turn over unless i press the gas pedal down to the floor. also the check gas cap warning is on along with the SES light. any ideas what it could be?

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
SES light is probably on because of the gas cap warning. if the gas cap is tight now it will probably go off in a couple days (i think it is 50 cycles of the key?). as far as the starter only working when the gas pedal is on the floor, i am going to guess that is a coincadince (sp?). i have seen a lot of cars that the starter will not work once the car is hot. you probably just need a new starter. you can pull it off and take it to autozone for them to test it, however if it doesnt fail all the time it may test OK. the starters are actually pretty easy to take off on these cars. somebody with an 04+ may be more help because you have

Good Luck.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
SES light is probably on because of the gas cap warning. if the gas cap is tight now it will probably go off in a couple days (i think it is 50 cycles of the key?). as far as the starter only working when the gas pedal is on the floor, i am going to guess that is a coincadince (sp?). i have seen a lot of cars that the starter will not work once the car is hot. you probably just need a new starter. you can pull it off and take it to autozone for them to test it, however if it doesnt fail all the time it may test OK. the starters are actually pretty easy to take off on these cars. somebody with an 04+ may be more help because you have

Good Luck.

i dont think its the starter, casue the engine will crank. but for the motor to turn over, i have to press the gas pedal, basically to give it fuel. once i press the pedal, it will run on its own. im going to try cleaning the MAF and Throttle Body and see where that leaves me.

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
ok.. i thought it wasnt cranking (turning over) if you have to give it "gas" to make it start the car is probably flooding(to rich for ignition). when you give a car with fuel injection "gas" the injectors do not stay open any longer you just allow more air in to lean out the mixture. this could be related to a temperature sensor (car thinks its cold and it isnt). if the throttle body is giving you problems i have one (my car has a gen v) that i could give you for CHEAP. if your car is not allowing enough air in it could be related to that not working properly.

let me know if you want to try that.

Thanks,

Doug.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
ok.. i thought it wasnt cranking (turning over) if you have to give it "gas" to make it start the car is probably flooding(to rich for ignition). when you give a car with fuel injection "gas" the injectors do not stay open any longer you just allow more air in to lean out the mixture. this could be related to a temperature sensor (car thinks its cold and it isnt). if the throttle body is giving you problems i have one (my car has a gen v) that i could give you for CHEAP. if your car is not allowing enough air in it could be related to that not working properly.

let me know if you want to try that.

Thanks,

Doug.

i figured it may have something to do with the throttle body, im going to try cleaning it first. ill let you know how that goes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GLIKENNY
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list