new plugs
new computer (1.0)
U-bend delete
resinator delete
180 degree thermostat
alternator booster
new alternator power cable
and custom intake

im up to do more but im not sure what to do next. figure in that im only in high school too for the whole money fact..lol. can anyone help me?:bowdown:

Last edited:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Stock Wires are good way past your mod level....

$188-$300 for cheapo E-bay headers, but you will need a welder to install them, $400ish is where the regular headers start....... but a 3" DP is gonna cost you $200+ and P&P stock manifolds should cost $200 ish with shipping..... so cost is the same, but header gains should be more

****P.S. Maintenance like a Crank position sensor or stock replacement plugs isn't something to put on a mod list... If we did that, the mod lists would be multiple pages long

Mychel

97'GT
Feb 22, 2009
South Bend
Real Name
Mychel
there are $188 headers on ebay, they need to be modified, a decent bit, and welded in(they come with clamps, but the tubing is way different sizes and will leak....

like what kind of modifying are we talking about? and if they leak why would i get them?

sorry if these are stupid questions. dont know everything yet and the guy i go to here is south bend doesnt seem to know what he is doing so thats why i came here for help

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
He is saying that if you use the supplied hardware they will leak.
Welding or upgraded clamps will allow them to seal. But some of the ebay ones require some cutting and "adjusting" to get a proper seal.
Most ebay ones are SLP and Pacesetter knock offs. Pacesetter's are still under $400 but require the upgraded clamps as well without the fab work.
With any header or manifold swap new gaskets might be needed.
Some oem ones are reuseable depending on how they were installed and mileage.

Do you have a scanner? If not then that might be a place to start.
aeroforce makes a quality scanner that fits in a gauge pod.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
they are meant to be clamped together, this doesnt work in our cars for one, and for 2 the cheap headers there is a huge size difference in the piping..... Some have had trouble with the front manifold, I won't know exactly what modifying needs to be done untill i personally install mine

He is saying that if you use the supplied hardware they will leak.
Welding or upgraded clamps will allow them to seal. But some of the ebay ones require some cutting and "adjusting" to get a proper seal.
Most ebay ones are SLP and Pacesetter knock offs. Pacesetter's are still under $400 but require the upgraded clamps as well without the fab work.
With any header or manifold swap new gaskets might be needed.
Some oem ones are reuseable depending on how they were installed and mileage.

Do you have a scanner? If not then that might be a place to start.
aeroforce makes a quality scanner that fits in a gauge pod.

:werd:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info