First mod done

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
What's Knock?

http://www.thechicagogarage.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29688

And now that I understand that... What mods should I buy for my 3.5?

http://www.thechicagogarage.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29684

Core Modifications (3.5" - 3.4") - The following modifications should be present when any pulley smaller than stock is being used. They will also allow most vehicles to run a 3.5 - 3.4" pulley with no knock.:

Listen to the advice of the people here... Please don't be ignorant and blow your motor up and come crying back to us... Oh and never do a burnout on a cold motor! :pedobear:

1. Buy headers
2. Make intake
3. Buy Tuner
4. Install headers and intake
5. Scan and make minor changes
6. Scan and make minor changes
7. Buy and install pulley
8. Scan and make changes.
9. ???
10. Profit

Gnomes_plan.png

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Man, eventually we are going to be telling people that the pulley cannot be changed until there is a full size IC, headers, cam, rockers, heads, 3" all the way back exhaust.

Id do a few more mods, but I wouldnt say you would blow up with the 3.5 pulley per say.

Max

I'm Just Here For The Gasoline...
May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
And i'm doing intake, PCM, and DP before i swap pulley too, I just have it already

and the HVTB made such a difference on my GT, i just assumed to do it as part of the intake

i'm not stupid, i've looked into this before when i was wanting to top-swap my GT...

Last edited:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
SLP's Grand Prix GTX (Production)

What do you get when you add ram air induction to an already power-ridden Grand Prix? SLP's GTX, that's what. The basic package includes ram air induction, special GTX badging to replace your standard badging, and custom GTX key fobs. Ram air adds approximately 10 horsepower to your Grand Prix, be it an SE, GT, or GTP. Other items available include a full stainless steel cat-back exhaust system, sunroof, synthetic fluids package, and more.
NOTE: This is not a limited edition because SLP will make as many as possible.
gtx.jpg
Special Features

Standard Features ($2499)

• Fully functional ram air hood and revised intake system (adds ten horsepower)
  • Cloissonne GTX badging for the doors and trunk lid
  • Custom GTX key fobs
  • Full 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty coverage provided
  • Federally crash tested and proven design
Optional Features

• Dual/Dual exhaust with four outlets (Adds five horsepower, $699)
  • 17" x 7" Six-spoke chrome-plated aluminum wheels and Michelin P235/55/R17 Pilot series tires ($1,999)
  • Custom front and rear floormats ($119)
  • GTX ram air custom car cover ($159)
  • Visor-mounted programmable garage door opener and Home Link Security system ($199)
  • Webasto X-48 SS Spoiler type power sunroof with sunshade ($799)
  • Synthetic lubricants package, engine oil and filter ($59)

No pulley in there....?

Max

I'm Just Here For The Gasoline...
May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
SLP's Grand Prix GTX (Production)

What do you get when you add ram air induction to an already power-ridden Grand Prix? SLP's GTX, that's what. The basic package includes ram air induction, special GTX badging to replace your standard badging, and custom GTX key fobs. Ram air adds approximately 10 horsepower to your Grand Prix, be it an SE, GT, or GTP. Other items available include a full stainless steel cat-back exhaust system, sunroof, synthetic fluids package, and more.
NOTE: This is not a limited edition because SLP will make as many as possible.
gtx.jpg
Special Features

Standard Features ($2499)

• Fully functional ram air hood and revised intake system (adds ten horsepower)
  • Cloissonne GTX badging for the doors and trunk lid
  • Custom GTX key fobs
  • Full 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty coverage provided
  • Federally crash tested and proven design
Optional Features

• Dual/Dual exhaust with four outlets (Adds five horsepower, $699)
  • 17" x 7" Six-spoke chrome-plated aluminum wheels and Michelin P235/55/R17 Pilot series tires ($1,999)
  • Custom front and rear floormats ($119)
  • GTX ram air custom car cover ($159)
  • Visor-mounted programmable garage door opener and Home Link Security system ($199)
  • Webasto X-48 SS Spoiler type power sunroof with sunshade ($799)
  • Synthetic lubricants package, engine oil and filter ($59)

No pulley in there....?

:squint:

your right though...hmmm

but again, i do plan on supporting mods BEFORE the pully swap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info