Does this look right for my c5 brake setup... calp pins/bolts.. pix!

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Ok so got almost everything for my brake setup, c5 calipers that came without any bolts/etc and the f-body caliper brackets, which came with the caliper bolts to attach to the spindle.

Ok here are two pictures
IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

alrighty, so i understand you tighten the outter bolt so the caliper is now attached to the bracket. Now the LONG bolt that goes into the bracket, is that supposed to slide and not be actually bolted to the caliper bracket? If I'm understanding things right it is supposed to slide, and when everything is installed its not like the caliper is going to slide out, like it can now cause there are no pads and rotor under it holding it within the bracket.

Basically I just want to understand that I have all the parts I need and that that really long caliper pin is not bolted to anything, it just slides with the deflection because of how a floating caliper works..

Oh and for giggles, here is the 2 piece rotor in the c5 caliper with pads and also how the f-body pads look and how much surface/pad ratio you get... they fit awesome and the pad is like a 98% fit over the rotor surface!
IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

The hopefully correct hat is going to come tomorrow, damn fedex for lying to me, should have been here today, but as you can see I have a wheel and a complete hub/spindle in my room for a mock up to make sure everything fits, if that is good to go, sending the caliper and bracket out to powder coating and hopefully a test fit and test run and keep the whole damn thing on the car. God this makes me so excited, really hope this works out and what it will bring to the w-body community!

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
Looks good. The pin (long bolt) is supposed to slide in the bracket and it gets bolted to the caliper by the bolt you mentioned.

You have to hold the pin with an adjustable wrench to torque down the bolt.

The rubber boots are missing in the picture. Do you have those?

Also, the F-body pins and bolts are the same as C5. The only difference in mounting hardware is the metal piece that fits in the hole in the caliper.

Savvy?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info