Myster S/C problem CURED

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Cylinder #3 spark plug was split in two.

hmm... I completely melted my plug away, i mean melted. The ceramic was pitted, ground strap was gone, diode wasn't there, lol anything that could have been melted, melted lol. It ran fine just like yours, except WOT after about 4500rpm it was getting spark blowout and causing my kr to shoot up to 10* It didn't do what your car did thought, it just kinda fell on it's face. That was my first melted plug, so many more to go this year. Wanna know how stout these motors are? 3 plugs melted in the same cylinder, car still runs like a champ! :bowdown:

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
hmm... I completely melted my plug away, i mean melted. The ceramic was pitted, ground strap was gone, diode wasn't there, lol anything that could have been melted, melted lol. It ran fine just like yours, except WOT after about 4500rpm it was getting spark blowout and causing my kr to shoot up to 10* It didn't do what your car did thought, it just kinda fell on it's face. That was my first melted plug, so many more to go this year. Wanna know how stout these motors are? 3 plugs melted in the same cylinder, car still runs like a champ! :bowdown:

YEAH!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Did they use aluminum or plastic LIM gaskets? I ask b/c i am not how to tell just by looking at it.

Factory and cheap replacements are plastic(I'm pretty sure the aftermarket ones have a different color rubber part...IIRC factory is grey and aftermarket is redish orange)), the revised ones are aluminum, it is easy to tell which the car has, by looking closely....

Plugs will cause some random issues sometimes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info