I know what my 2 nexts mods will be... mmm GenV

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
So after reading up on all the fun things lately, ive pretty much been sold on the fact taht I will get some pretty nice gains from switching to a GenV m90

First I need to get some 42# injectors, but yea, then a GenV is gonna be quite a difference... guys seeing like 20-30whp gains over a P&P gen3 with a larger pulley even lol...

plus with prices coming way down on those genVs, only gonna cost 1-200 bucks for a switch!

Damn, hope this new job works out for me!

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
he wont NEED a different ic core, lost of ppl have done the swap and have had very good results, actually iirc the highest m90 dyno is using a gen V with a gen III ic core, btu i could be wrong about that. but he wont NEED a different core. as a matter of fact, there is a guy back in mn that is running corn and a gen V with a gen III core and is putting down 324whp on the SSic and vs cam.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
to NOT run a gen v core would be a waste really. the outlet position of the gen v cannot be totally matched using genIII plates. i dont believe it that the highest m90 dyno is using a genIII core...i guess anything's possible, but that would mean theres more hp in that setup still, and i doubt that....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
to NOT run a gen v core would be a waste really. the outlet position of the gen v cannot be totally matched using genIII plates. i dont believe it that the highest m90 dyno is using a genIII core...i guess anything's possible, but that would mean theres more hp in that setup still, and i doubt that....

i remember reading that on cgp actually...

and e85 IIRC...

i still say NITROUS.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
the bottle isnt going anywhere :s00ls:

unless you want to buy it off me...

as for the genV ic and stuff, ive heard mixed things, but that even using the gen3 core it still gives pretty good gains

LEO, there are genVs going for 3-400 on ebay quite a bit, there are a few links last i saw in some clubgp threads

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Got mine for 320 shipped (gen V) and i just have a question for all of you 3800 peeps. Why do you all insist on the "just because it works means its ok" thing? I'm just curious about that, if it's wrong, why does it make it ok? Just because the highest hp m90 car is doing it means it works, but doesn't mean it works efficiently, but you guys think that's ok? Please, enlighten me...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Got mine for 320 shipped (gen V) and i just have a question for all of you 3800 peeps. Why do you all insist on the "just because it works means its ok" thing? I'm just curious about that, if it's wrong, why does it make it ok? Just because the highest hp m90 car is doing it means it works, but doesn't mean it works efficiently, but you guys think that's ok? Please, enlighten me...

liiiike what for example? a genV?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
at least if you disassemble and rework the G3 ic core you can make a diverter to help equalize airflow through the core

similar to this setup on al's 04
IMG_0769.jpg

the gen5 has a better outlet design but from my smoke test's it still exits the blower at a 30% angle (blowing directly at cyl's 1 & 2)

go fer it port the shit outta the inlet and throw a 90mm on, be all the badass you can be:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info