transmission - no 1, 2, 3, or 4th gear

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
BEFORE YOU EVEN READ THIS, KEEP THE BULLSHIT "Yeah well your trans is fucked." and other smart comments out of this thread.. I'm already fuming over it, don't need that bullshit here......

what could be wrong ?

i was driving along , came to a stop.. went to go, and the car just freely revved as if it were in neutral.. i thought i knocked the car out of drive somehow.. but it was in drive..

i tried 3, 2, and 1.. nothing. reverse works. i ended up having the car towed to my mechanics shop.

what could have happened ?

car is a 2000 impala 3800 with the 4t65e

Last edited:

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
yeah, but maybe the car would might want to move (slightly) if it's 1 axle broken... IIRC
the car moves effortlessly in reverse. i was able to drive it down the road in reverse to the parking lot where the tow truck driver actually picked it up from.

i put it in drive, press on teh gas, it will just freely rev up as if its in neutral.. it went all the way to the 6k limiter. i let off and it didnt even try to move. there is completely no movement in any forward gears. reverse works just like normal however

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info