My S/C problem - VIDEO

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I just have a feeling the traction control is attempting to keep you from spinning your tires but they aren't spinning. That's exactly what my car does in the snow so at the very least you can eliminate that being a potential problem.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
Have you scanned the car for pending codes? My car would act similar....would break up in the upper RPM when hard onthe throttle. 3 weeks after this started, the car died (only once), then started to throw a P1020. Cleaned the MAF and drivability improved greatly. Still getting the SES, so I think I need to replace the MAF (or just clean it again).

Might be a good idea to check it out.....take it to Auto Zone for the free scan.

~Rich

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Hmm the car does not throw a SES light at all. Can a cheapo Auto Zone scanner still pickup problems without the SES light?

BTW I have tried to clean the maf a little but it seems the problem is getting worse and worse (luckily the car is still drivable).

Im hoping its the last spark plug that was not changed. I bought some NGK TR6 plugs which will go into the motor hopefully this sunday.

Im also going to replace the upper (and possibly lower) radiator hose. This obviously does not have anything to do with this current problem but the upper house is begging to go south on me. Also the coolant overflow hose is going south. Anyone know what part # that is?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
As far as taking the screen out, there's a snap ring that holds it in.

19245.JPG

I use a snap ring pliers like that to get it out but i'm sure you could put a small nail in a vice grips and funagle it out somehow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info