HEADERS!

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Ive been running around here for a while trying to get advice from you guys. Im just going to quite being a penny pincher and do it right. As of now im getting my LIM gasket taken care of. No new mods as of yet.

I want to run headers. I would like to get the Ebay headers (pacesetter knock offs) but I do not hear good things. Mind you this car is going be my daily driver so I will need something to keep up.

Heres some header deals I have found:

ZZP PaceSetters

$240 Shipped Ebay Headers

$330 Shipped Ebay Headers

$700 ZZP Headers

Thats what I have for now. Any suggestions?

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Welded pacesetters knockoffs are the best option for price, performance, and reliability.

304 Stainless, less than 200 from ebay, will not leak if welded, etc.

Fuck SLP or ZZP or anything with those silly slip-fit joints. I'd say fuck Pacesetters for the same reason if it wasn't so easy to just weld them together for good and be done with it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Welded pacesetters knockoffs are the best option for price, performance, and reliability.

304 Stainless, less than 200 from ebay, will not leak if welded, etc.

Fuck SLP or ZZP or anything with those silly slip-fit joints. I'd say fuck Pacesetters for the same reason if it wasn't so easy to just weld them together for good and be done with it.

I still have a hard time pulling the trigger on them just for the sake of their PITAness.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I guess. I just look in my engine bay and see everything pushing up against shit unlike any other Wbody engine bay I have looked at. I hate installing headers. :rofl:

Word, I figure after doing the heads in the driveway, headers will seem easy... Especially since all my exhaust manifold bolts were coated in anti-seize before re assembly :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info