Educate me about under/over drive pulleys

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I currently am running a ZZP underdrive pulley on my water pump and my coolant temps are the exact same as they were with the stock pulley. Besides the under drive effect it's much lighter than the stock pulley. I wouldn't say it has provided a seat of the pants difference but i believe ZZP claims a 3hp increase in the upper RPM range.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
An overdrive pulley would be like a 3.4 compared to a 3.8 on your supercharger. It is a smaller pulley in comparison designed to make an accessory work harder.

An underdrive pulley, on the contrary, is a larger diameter pulley designed to make an accessory work less which frees up more horsepower.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
for go?

MPS, 3.4/3.2/3.0/2.8 pulleys
1.85 SLP roller rockers
stage 3 ported gen 3
S2 ZZP IC
frozenboost fmhe, with some special nozzels spraying into it lol
N* TB
105# springs
42# injectors
TOGs
SLP dual GSX catback
Powrtuner
Custom CAI box
wideband 02
MSD coils
Autolite 104s
160 t-stat
PolyMM

Trans is upgraded/hardend
Input/output shafts
3.69s
C-YA LSD
Thrasher shift kit Stg 2

lol

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
That car came with a intercooler fogger for an A2W setup? I though only turbo guys with an A2A setup ran those.

A who in the what now?

Never heard of a fogger, but sounds like what is down there, but I don't think he bought it, thought he made it to fit the A2W setup cause the mount is different shaped and sized?

ya jared and kj, i was thinking about a small 30 shot just for a little bump :s00ls:

hows the tuning with n20?

thnx for the suggestion on the c02!

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
yep, its setup to purge starting at 75% throttle iirc, i can turn it off if I want too...

lol ive got a few "dont touch those" and "ooooo what do those do" buttons on the underside of the front console just above my right knee haha

just never heard of it refered to as a fogger before but that makes perfect sense

honestly until I found out he installed it on this car, i never once had heard of it or anyone doing it on s/c or turbo cars, at least not w-bodies

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
A 30 shot would probably net you a lot more horsepower than that just because it will drop the IATs so much. You wont be able to contain yourself and will eventually jet it up higher.
This is why I don't have NOS...
It's like Cocaine, once you start, you can't stop... And, you always end up chasing a bigger, better high!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info