Tuning help

curado

Regular
Nov 11, 2008
I'm not real familiar with tuning the 3800. Couldn't get my KR to go away so I got rockers. Here I am 2 months later.

I tuned VE for a while followed by MAF until I was seeing no changes between tunes.

I have tried various commanded PE values, TPS enable values, richened up the front cyls a little, adjusted spark values etc. Always end up getting around 6 degrees of KR under high boost, never fail.

I know this is apples and oranges, but I had a KLZE Probe with 10:1 compression that tested to 160psi per cyl. This car was compressing to 180 psi. Is that a little bit on the high side? Hell maybe they put a N/A bottom end on it before I bought it lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Ok so let me get this straight... you are using the pe tables to adjust your fueling? You should be using the maf for that... All the pe tables should be 0'd out, then the maf tune should start. I guess i should ask what tuner you're using. If you're using hptuners shoot me a scan to [email protected] and if you're using dhp or something else post up your scan. This would help us help you ya know? It's like shooting fish in a barrel without seeing a scan. And i don't mean shooting fish in a barrel and killing all of them with the concussion of the bullet entering the water as myth busters so kindly showed us.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Neither link works :dunno:

As for AFR and spark advance... IF your 3.4 was correctly supported and you were able to run it at full potential you would run 11.7-11.9AFR and 19* advanced on 93 octane. Now, you do have plenty of mods to support a 3.4 on 100+ octane but that's not what you're running. Bottom line, you don't have enough to support a 3.4. Try a 3.6 and i'll bet every little bit of your tuning nightmares go away. Another factor you have to remember, we are running winter blend gas :puke

P.S. There are some pretty good DHP users on here (i.e. Fish, TommyGloves, Ron Vogal, to name a few) that might be able to give you a hand in using the tuner. You seem like you're a little new so I have to make this suggestion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info