Need opinions of color combo for new brake setup c5 caliper/f-body bracket

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Ok, so I already know I'm going to be doing a c5 caliper on the f-body bracket as my brakes, currently almost done with trying to get that new 2-piece rotor finished up and do a mock up.. SCdrew and myself are still investigating this

Anyways, so trying to figure out what combo to do on the caliper... I can get the red z06 caliper and it will look just like this and have it with a black bracket
c330_0.JPG

ooooor go with a set of used c5 calipers and get them powdercoated in this green color
keep in mind i have a couple monster stickers on my car and also the car is silver and i think the green would look sick against the silver
normal_antifreeze_green.jpg

all against the current car... for reference
IMG_0768.jpg

also, i can get the new red ones for 200, and then the used is going to be 250+ after buying them and having them powdercoated

lemme know what ya think

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Jared.. ? .. i guess i dont see how having a colored caliper makes it look like there is corrosion on it? If anything the lighter colors make it look cleaner imho

KJ, :h5: and yea another special delivery... www.thepowdercoater.com his name is Mike,
type in "mike the powder coater" in google and its comes up with 400k searches LOL

anyways, for that setup c5/f-body to do the caliper in green adn then f-body bracket it black he quoted me 125 including shipping...

he does like a ton of them for the vette community i guess, thats how i found him... someone just sold a set of c5 brakes that were powdercoated by him in yellow for like 400+, crazy

but yea, idk lol

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
that would be a tasteful way to show it off a bit. what happened to the big brake kit? wasnt that you?

yep, currently still working on the 2 piece rotor replacement from wilwood

had most of the parts er well the calipers (usually 500 a piece) ready to bid on ebay but was sniped at the last 10 seconds on the auction so :(

anyways, have a hub/spindle assembly on the way from a regal member and going to try to test fit the 2 piece rotor into the c5/f-body setup... currently we have the right parts with calculations/measurements, but still want to get it all setup with pads and everything to make sure all is perfect before we go public with it

eh, ill either go with red cause thats how they come or have them powdercoated black with the corvette letters in green... dont want to be rice or anything :hs:

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
black, or just silver so they look clean and not corroded.

yes. I like silver the best. I painted my civic's calipers silver and it looks like they're just factory fresh instead of painted to look like something crazy.

Although, the OP seems to want something that stands out.

Red is overplayed. So is blue or Yellow or any of the other colors available at pep boys.

The neon green would be different...for better or worse.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
must have a setup in silver with black letters

yes. I like silver the best. I painted my civic's calipers silver and it looks like they're just factory fresh instead of painted to look like something crazy.

Although, the OP seems to want something that stands out.

Red is overplayed. So is blue or Yellow or any of the other colors available at pep boys.

The neon green would be different...for better or worse.

When I said what I said above, I meant that I wanted a set in silver for myself... Just clarifying that what I said was what I meant to be said...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info