Drove my car with the cutout open...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Washed the pricks Monday, un-screwed the wingnuts holding the cap on the cutout which is located immediately following the turbo downpipe just for shits....

car is stronger for sure, it was making more boost as well, so i turned the boost controller the single turn down to nothing, to make it make about the same boost again, but the car even still feels quicker on the same boost.

craziest part...

car is definitely drive-able without it shut... i passed 5 cops on the way home, its quiet as hell for an open downpipe setup... quite funny to say the least... it idles around the same level as my buddies catless/resonator-less trailblazer ss

once you get above 3k tho, the thing sounds like a jet taking off and is easily the best sounding 3800 i have ever heard in real life. although with saying that, it is still a fwd 3.8 v6, and still doesnt sound half as sweet as 95% of the v8s out there... :bigthumb:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i couldnt stand my cutout open....it was cool to roll into parking lots w/ it open and the cam sounding all sexy...but after that, the whole car vibrated and the sound made my ears bleed :rofl: id imagine its better w/ a turbo setup tho

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
in4soundz k thx

ill do that next time i start it...

i couldnt stand my cutout open....it was cool to roll into parking lots w/ it open and the cam sounding all sexy...but after that, the whole car vibrated and the sound made my ears bleed :rofl: id imagine its better w/ a turbo setup tho

ya most sound like butthole. this sounds amazing. its weird.

RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Sounds like that on a SC setup. Might get one put in when i get the flex on my DP repaired but i imagine it would sound quite a bit nicer on a turbo setup like you said.

yeah the sc ones just sound like barfing.

W-body blower cars sound like ass with a cutout. Turbo for teh sexiness.

exactly.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Open dump near the rear wheel... doesn't sound that bad :dunno: Loud as phuck in the car tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWeQMqni1LI

Edit: If you listen carefully you can hear the rpm's stay sort of constant at the end while it was melting #2 spark plug :) Once i start running a really big shot i should be able to melt at least 3-4 of them each run. It'll be great, currently looking for spark plug sponsors.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info