JP timing chain users....

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
fuck me. well at least the my engine is already out. now i just need to firgure out what timing chaing to get. cause at the bottom it kinda confuses me on how the new shipment of rollermasters are different and more like the JP, so does that mean that they are junk and we should not buy that one too?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
fuck me. well at least the my engine is already out. now i just need to firgure out what timing chaing to get. cause at the bottom it kinda confuses me on how the new shipment of rollermasters are different and more like the JP, so does that mean that they are junk and we should not buy that one too?

I believe zoomer said he has 10 of the rollmasters left that they know are good. And he's still looking into the new and different ones. He thinks they are ok but don't want to say until they do some tests and whatnot. So if you do order one you won't get a new one since they won't sell it until they are convinced there will be no problems.

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
I believe zoomer said he has 10 of the rollmasters left that they know are good. And he's still looking into the new and different ones. He thinks they are ok but don't want to say until they do some tests and whatnot. So if you do order one you won't get a new one since they won't sell it until they are convinced there will be no problems.

ohhhh ok i get it now. well its a good thing that the engine will be out of commition for a while, i wonder how quickly they are going to try and find a new timing chain/set?????

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
ohhhh ok i get it now. well its a good thing that the engine will be out of commition for a while, i wonder how quickly they are going to try and find a new timing chain/set?????

I believe you meant out of commission right? lol

My best guess would be zzp getting those chains ready asap. There's going to be a lot of people changing them out in the next 2-3 months. The people that don't will always have that weighing above their heads until they do. If you do pull yours you would take a couple pics and share with everyone your wear vs mileage results?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
we have the JP set on the riv with the clearance work done for the larger american crank fillet, slack brand new was good, and with two GM cover gaskets even with prying the chain towards the oil pump cover we had a min .040 clearance from the longest protruding chain pin.

on thing i really like about the JP set is the 2 piece crank sprocket/oil pump drive, much more material than the one piece multi keyway rollmaster crank gear, if anything i'd want to see the pitch of the rollmaster dbl chainset i have on the shelf will work with the JP gears. if so, great, i guess there's always pucker factor with any heavy build...i know what the new chain crank angle vs lifter/pushrod movment is so i can always pull a valvecover and keep an eye on how much it stretches....(+1 fer checking and spec'n EVERYTHING out when i put this longblock together)....till then we'll be >:noes:

i'm glad i have quite a few chain options for my talldeck SI/SII hybrid:wavey:

besides i'm starting to want to work on a dual keyway crank and broach another in the ATI balancer on the Riv when i finally do the cog belt/mech ic pump/ tensioner stuff...i'm probably gonna want to do the same with the twin M90 UIM motor.

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
I believe you meant out of commission right? lol

My best guess would be zzp getting those chains ready asap. There's going to be a lot of people changing them out in the next 2-3 months. The people that don't will always have that weighing above their heads until they do. If you do pull yours you would take a couple pics and share with everyone your wear vs mileage results?

haha ya comission. im horrible with spelling and i know it. i was never good and never will be. haha ohh well.

ya i emailed zzp just a bit ago and when i do swap out my chain i will def take some pics of it and i have put just under 5K miles on that chain so we will have to see what it looks like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info