new tv/moniter

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I picked up a 32 inch lcd/hdmi yesterday, replacing our 2001 tv(that thing is a monster/fcking heavy).
720dpi sylvania. you can hook up the pc to it also. 10w x 2 speakers.

anyone else UPgrading with the new signal coming?

I put the old set downstairs with a digital box today, and the digital signals are great. free hd channels also.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
We have 2 new TV's this year. Not necesarily for the upcoming digital upgrade, mostly because Adam wanted new stuff! The living room got a 50" Panasonic 1080p Flat Screen Plasma and the bedroom just got last week a 32" Samsung 780p Flat Screen LCD. It's his job, so you guys all know how that goes... Gotta have good stuff. haha :)

Congrats on your new TV J/O, how you liking it?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
a plasma huh. is it better than the lcd? 32 in the bedroom :blink: ours is in the living room :)

I like it, but it is different than the tube, still have to get used to it yet. dvd's should be amazing. ive watched cable thru it, and pics from my digital camera.

the signal thru the digital box on the tube tv is also amazing.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Yeah his friend said the same thing, I have a 32" in my living room and you have it in your bedroom LOL

You would have to talk to Adam about the Plasma versus LCD. It's what he does for a living so he's pretty picky and did lots of research for weeks before he picked our exact Plasma. He likes Plasma better in bigger size TV's and LCD better for the smaller, if I am remembering what he said correctly. I could be wrong! He did have his parents who were upgrading also, get a 46" Panasonic Plasma for their new basement home theater set up.

I was and still am impressed, we had a 46" before this but it was tube and a monster of a TV. The new one is so much better for HD channels and BluRay movies too! I am sure you will love it for movies!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info