Emissions Passing is needed here.....need some major help!

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hey all,

well yet again im on here asking for help on emissions, but what ive come to decide is that im going to just take a day off and bring it to someone to take care of....

So whom ever thinks that they can fix my problem i need the help and am willing to pay (a fair price) or supply booze or whatever needed to get this off of my list of shit to do. cops have pulled me over 3 times now because of the expired plates and im tired of the stupid comments that im getting from them while they have me pulled over.

so, my problem is that i cant pass emmisions, i currently have an EGR delete and that is my main problem, i have the valve but that is it (aka, if you have the other materials needed it would be appreciative). Pacesetter headers on the car but honestly all i need is some getto rigged job so i can pass the damn test...then if i have to ill take the shit off again if its leakin or whatever ends up coming.

also, if your not 100% positive that you can get my car to pass on the first shot, please do not reply as i only have one more test before im "required" to go to a shop and pay up the ass...and i REALLY dont want to do that.

please help! thanks as always!

kevin

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Nov 9 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey all,

well yet again im on here asking for help on emissions, but what ive come to decide is that im going to just take a day off and bring it to someone to take care of....

So whom ever thinks that they can fix my problem i need the help and am willing to pay (a fair price) or supply booze or whatever needed to get this off of my list of shit to do. cops have pulled me over 3 times now because of the expired plates and im tired of the stupid comments that im getting from them while they have me pulled over.

so, my problem is that i cant pass emmisions, i currently have an EGR delete and that is my main problem, i have the valve but that is it (aka, if you have the other materials needed it would be appreciative). Pacesetter headers on the car but honestly all i need is some getto rigged job so i can pass the damn test...then if i have to ill take the shit off again if its leakin or whatever ends up coming.

also, if your not 100% positive that you can get my car to pass on the first shot, please do not reply as i only have one more test before im "required" to go to a shop and pay up the ass...and i REALLY dont want to do that.

please help! thanks as always!

kevin[/b]

Just delete the codes in your PCM forever....

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
so i went, and im still fucked...."not ready" after deleting it...but they gave me one more chance.....

now the question is what the hell do i do....

do i buy the zzp EGR Simulator ($65 and figuring the shit out) or do i put a egr back on (not sure how much more i need besides the valve and again, figuring the shit out).....let the comments begin!

either way im fucked for court coming up on monday.......shit.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
disable the code and drive the car to make sure all the drive cycles are ready. thats why you are failing over and over again. It takes a few days of driving to get them all ready. You need 5 out of 6 ready to pass. Make sure you dont disconnect the battery or lose power, you will have to start over again if you do. There is a trick to get the rear o2 to get heated. That is the one that takes the longest.
Dont go to the same place again.
If you have a tech II you can watch each drive cycle to see if it says ready for testing.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FuglyGTP @ Nov 24 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It doesn't sound like your as lucky in this case but with my corolla i was able to clear it right before driving into the testing center. the scanner was sitting on the passengers seat throughout the entire test.[/b]
yea def not...i think im going to go to a dif testing facility like they said because the one i go to is full of .... well a holes..

Are you not passing because of the "new" IL testing? I noticed that when i took my test, the printout said that the diag machine tested the ready status of systems as well as no codes present. I was thinking if this would affect the deleted codes and not the ones that are simulated. I might be talking out my @$$ though. Good luck.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DZsilverGTP @ Nov 27 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are you not passing because of the "new" IL testing? I noticed that when i took my test, the printout said that the diag machine tested the ready status of systems as well as no codes present. I was thinking if this would affect the deleted codes and not the ones that are simulated. I might be talking out my @$$ though. Good luck.[/b]

possibly? i didn't know there was "new" testing......

but what your describing is exactly what i have going on....fucking IL.....i think i should just change my registration to McHenry County and POOF the problem goes away....lol

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Nov 28 2008, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DZsilverGTP @ Nov 27 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you not passing because of the "new" IL testing? I noticed that when i took my test, the printout said that the diag machine tested the ready status of systems as well as no codes present. I was thinking if this would affect the deleted codes and not the ones that are simulated. I might be talking out my @$$ though. Good luck.[/b]

possibly? i didn't know there was "new" testing......

but what your describing is exactly what i have going on....fucking IL.....i think i should just change my registration to McHenry County and POOF the problem goes away....lol
[/b][/quote]
thats not new, its what I mentioned before. Find someone with a Tech II and check to make sure you have at least 5 that read ready. Then drive right to the testing center and pass.
I dont see why this is so hard or confusing. There is no secrets, its just that simple.
Good luck...your next post should be the one saying you passed and how simple it was. ;)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I don't see why you bitch because you got pulled over 3 times for expired plates. That's probably the first thing a cop looks at when he pulls behind you. Get new stickers!!!

How would changing registration to McHenry County help you, last time I checked that is also IL and required to pass emissions test.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't see why you bitch because you got pulled over 3 times for expired plates. That's probably the first thing a cop looks at when he pulls behind you. Get new stickers!!!

How would changing registration to McHenry County help you, last time I checked that is also IL and required to pass emissions test.[/b]
yea well i cant get new stickers till i pass emissions smart ass...

and fyi mchenry does not have emissions standards so if i switched it i wouldnt have to do this.....sooooooo there you go.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Nov 30 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Nov 30 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How would changing registration to McHenry County help you, last time I checked that is also IL and required to pass emissions test.[/b]
yea well i cant get new stickers till i pass emissions smart ass...

and fyi mchenry does not have emissions standards so if i switched it i wouldnt have to do this.....sooooooo there you go.
[/b][/quote]
There is quite a few countys that do not require emissions testing. From what I was told the closer you are to a major city and depending on how many industrial companys are around will factor in if the county requires it.
Ricky G's car is registered in one of those.
But for how simple it is to pass i dont see why you would go through that. Its only every two years and takes a few minutes.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Dec 5 2008, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He doesn't have EGR tubes, there gone. Maybe I'm missing something with the codes because I can't seem to get that right with his car. It's not that the codes exist but the readiness test fail to run.[/b]
You need to drive and check with a tech II or snap on scanner to see if the cycles are ready. There is tricks to getting the rear o2 to read ready if thats the one that is causing the issue. How many miles has the car put on it since it was last tested?
make sure the battery doesnt get disconnected or the PCM lose power or it will clear the drive cycles and you will have to start all over.

How are you removing the codes exactly?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info