New belt wrap kit>available..:)

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Oct 30 2008, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
call me a newb on this one but can someone tell me the benefits to this?[/b]

For higher HP builds belt slip normally happens. If you have belt slip that is a loss in hp so this piece keeps the belt firmly pressed down to reduce or eliminate slip. just tried to give a quick summary of it for ya, hope that helps.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Oct 30 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i realized about belt slip but i guess i never realized it was that much of a problem...thanks guy[/b]

more surface area for the belt. Some guys even cut edges into their pullies for more grip. Again, you would need to be running a pretty small pulley. 3.0 or less id say.

Boy I miss the days of my 3.0, IC, TOGs, race trans, TC, etc.....God that car was fast. :)

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Oct 31 2008, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
so basically this get mounted on top of the blower mounts as an addition to the ten. pulley.....right? im guessing that you would have to take that off each time for a pulley change? or is it a different belt size?

im not looking to get this, just learning[/b]
1....correct

2....no need to remove it to remove the belt.

3....I did have to get a longer belt for the same size pulley. any smaller pulley and I can use a shorter belt to keep it Tight.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FastKatt @ Nov 9 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Oct 30 2008, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, you would need to be running a pretty small pulley. 3.0 or less id say.[/b]
I get a lil slip on my 3.2" at the track...

Is this a single unit or being produced?
Work for GenIII and GenV SCs?
[/b][/quote]
works on both gen 3(which I have), and gen 5.
requires aftermarket fuel rails of some sort.

he made up quite a few. you can get it with pulley or without. without is cheaper.
kit includes, bar, longer bolts, strap, pulley(optional), INSTRUCTIONS> :lolsign:

email sean at the above posted addy, second post.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info