building a L67

2OOOGT

May 20, 2008
Ok im wanting to build a nice powerful L67. I have the supercharger and LIM. I dont want to go with my stock GT shortblock because i question its durability (for what i want to do with it) at 161,000 miles on it. I need some help from you guys on what cam, pistons, rods, etc. etc.

What pistons are good for these motors? I want something semi lightweight and definately forged! Who makes pistons for these motors.

Im wanting to run low to mid 12s on drag radials. What cam should i use in the motor?

Are the Stock rods and crank in these motors good for that kind of power??

What kids of lifters (brands) are available for these motors?

that about does it for the questions i need answered. Thanks-Joe

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Dont bother with forged pistons. The crank is as strong as you would ever need it, unless you go with a reman. Starting with a low mileage L36 or a L26 with a series II front cover would be smart idea if you want to use Eaton blowers for the project.
A S1x cam would be a good choice for your listed goals.
Dont bother with the stroker kit, the money can be used in other areas.

We can throw out ideas all day long but we need a couple more questions answered before we could suggest more.
Whats your budget?
What supercharger are you using?
Are you doing all your own work?
Are you going to use stock heads?
Are you sure mid to low 12s is your final goal?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
to run high 11's, you will want an l26/36 short block (i wouldnt be afraid to use one with 161k at all), port your own l67 heads, run an xpz cam, intercooler, and with your given budget a gen v swap wouldnt be a bad idea. you are going to want to do something with the trans though....maybe a stall and a rebuild with gear and hard parts. if you can do the work yourself, you can spend about a grand doing that. of course you COULD run 11's with less, i was damn close w/ my stock head/xp setup, but it will take lots of weight reduction and such. the s1x cam is a good cam as well, and has went 11's w/ stock heads, but it will be way easier with the xpz and the ported heads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info