New pb

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 13 2008, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[email protected] on the juice. I wish i has some traction so i could break into the 11's. for what it's worth i was 7.8@93 for the 1/8. Guess I'll try to hit up Byron and see what i can pump out one more time this year.[/b]

Congrats man. Still reallly good times. You launching on the juice now?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 13 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well i was trying to! I couldn't get it to hook so i had to wait. 1.9-2.0 60's! ahh!!![/b]

Hmm. Not sure if you have any other suspension mods other then whats in your signature. But I had a hard time getting to 1.7 or even low 1.8 60's until I upgrade the rear springs, GM tubular trailing arms and some spring blockers. Those mods for me made all the difference in launching.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTPSleepr @ Oct 13 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 13 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i was trying to! I couldn't get it to hook so i had to wait. 1.9-2.0 60's! ahh!!![/b]

Hmm. Not sure if you have any other suspension mods other then whats in your signature. But I had a hard time getting to 1.7 or even low 1.8 60's until I upgrade the rear springs, GM tubular trailing arms and some spring blockers. Those mods for me made all the difference in launching.
[/b][/quote]
GTO spring blockers would not fit. We were trying to get 11s with setup it had.
All that was changed since the last time out was a racetronix fuel pump with rewire and a better air filter and our race pipe. Mike did change plugs at the track to 103s at 040 from tr6s at 055
Next time it will have the cable mod, skinnies and maybe more weight reduction. The car still needs more weight reduction and dyno tune or a progressive controller for mid 11s.
tubular trailing arms will help a little but that is a little further down the line of things to get.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Oct 14 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTPSleepr @ Oct 13 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 13 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
All that was changed since the last time out was a racetronix fuel pump with rewire and a better air filter and our race pipe. Mike did change plugs at the track to 103s at 040 from tr6s at 055
Next time it will have the cable mod, skinnies and maybe more weight reduction. The car still needs more weight reduction and dyno tune or a progressive controller for mid 11s.
tubular trailing arms will help a little but that is a little further down the line of things to get.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I could not get the GTO spring blockers to fit either. So I just went to autozone and but some adjustable ones and it only cost me $15 for two pairs. And I have to say for the price those worked out awsome. And probably best bang for the buck with regards to weight transfer.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTPSleepr @ Oct 14 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Oct 14 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTPSleepr @ Oct 13 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I could not get the GTO spring blockers to fit either. So I just went to autozone and but some adjustable ones and it only cost me $15 for two pairs. And I have to say for the price those worked out awsome. And probably best bang for the buck with regards to weight transfer.
[/b][/quote]
as great as they are the cable mod is the only real option besides wheelie bars if you dont want any squating.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Oct 14 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ummmm, you have to jack up the car to get the gto spring blockers in. I get them on my gmpp springs ok. 2 on each side, no squat. 1.9-1.89 60's on street tires, 1.767 on qtps.

hey nice runs[/b]

I currently run the wbodystore heighting springs. Even with car jacked up ther is no room for the GTO blockers.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Oct 14 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They fit under the GMPP/Konis if I jack the car up. Dont be a pussy. Wedge the bitches in.[/b]

LOL Fish. Maybe you could shove your little dick in there and help it out :lolsign:

He is running my old Hoosier Slicks. They had half a season on them when he bought them. They should stick just fine.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Oct 14 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They fit under the GMPP/Konis if I jack the car up. Dont be a pussy. Wedge the bitches in.[/b]
He has B&G springs and the car is quite low. It wasnt because lack of trying. they do fit on the GMPP springs. our silver car has a set. b&g spacing is quite a bit smaller. Cable mod is a better idea then breaking a GTO blocker to get it to fit and will help more with launching. Mikes car doesnt have that much squat to begin with for the most part.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
i definitely need some suspension upgrades for sure, but i'm 100% confident i can cut a 1.7 60' on a prepped track. Honestly cordova sucked, the track prep was non-existent. Since byron is pretty much all that's open now and has pretty decent track prep i might try one more time this year to grab those 11's. This time with a fully heated bottle that has a working gauge! I feel bad for my tranny haha, poor thing only has like 3,500 miles on it and it's seen hell already.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 15 2008, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i definitely need some suspension upgrades for sure, but i'm 100% confident i can cut a 1.7 60' on a prepped track. Honestly cordova sucked, the track prep was non-existent. Since byron is pretty much all that's open now and has pretty decent track prep i might try one more time this year to grab those 11's. This time with a fully heated bottle that has a working gauge! I feel bad for my tranny haha, poor thing only has like 3,500 miles on it and it's seen hell already.[/b]

nice runs bro i saw them, fast gp

not to take away from you but i got a great pb there, 13.9 with a 3.6 mps and a few other lil mods

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 15 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thanx, yea i saw your car there. Good times for the mods for sure! I really need to run my car 1 more time, but i fear it will be the nail in the coffin. :lolsign:[/b]

your going to byron on the 2nd right? im hoping to be consistantly in the high 13's now and hopefully ill get some tuning going on before then (thanks to phat_ridegt)

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sp_dynasty @ Oct 20 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 15 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanx, yea i saw your car there. Good times for the mods for sure! I really need to run my car 1 more time, but i fear it will be the nail in the coffin. :lolsign:[/b]

your going to byron on the 2nd right? im hoping to be consistantly in the high 13's now and hopefully ill get some tuning going on before then (thanks to phat_ridegt)
[/b][/quote]

Yep i'll be there, is phat coming? Never met him before but his shit runs, and runs very well, so i'd like to see that monster in person.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 20 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sp_dynasty @ Oct 20 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 15 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yep i'll be there, is phat coming? Never met him before but his shit runs, and runs very well, so i'd like to see that monster in person.
[/b][/quote]

ya his gp is badass, it was my inspiration to get one and start modding, its def. a monster, im really hoping he will join us i asked him to go

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
I may join you guys as well on the 2nd as well, im going to hopefully have everything done so i can hit mid 13's (or lower hopefully) and ive wanted to hit the track one more time now that ive got all my suspension done and hopefully can get some better launches....

what do you guys think, should i run potenza 009's that day (stock 16" rims) or should i run my potenza SO-3 pole positions (on my 18" rims) for that day? Keep in mind yea there 18's but they do weigh over all less .....

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
man i don't know, neither tire is really gonna be better but i've seen s2000's run 2.0 60's with the so3's..? Hopefully it's really cold so we can all get some decent times! We might get lucky and the byron crew might prep the track very well to compensate for the colder weather, but who knows. It's definitely going to be tricky for the street tire guys.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Oct 20 2008, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
man i don't know, neither tire is really gonna be better but i've seen s2000's run 2.0 60's with the so3's..? Hopefully it's really cold so we can all get some decent times! We might get lucky and the byron crew might prep the track very well to compensate for the colder weather, but who knows. It's definitely going to be tricky for the street tire guys.[/b]
ggrrrreeeaaatttttttt.....guess ill use the SO-3 pole positions for the day and then call it quits for the rims for the season........maybe my last run i do some excessive "warming up" while some people snap pics (if ya know what i mean)....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info