trans problem

Car was driving and shifting perfectly fine, pulled into a gas station to turn around to find that I can reverse, but nothing happens when I put it in drive. Something was leaking where I was trying to put it in drive, but no puddle where I was parked. Got towed home and found leakage all over the bed of the tow truck, smelled like trans fluid but we've checked to see if it was dry or at least low on fluid, but the stick shows full still. The fluid on the bed of the tow truck was mostly on the passenger side. My dad got it to drive a little, but I need it fixed, and soon. I believe it's an intense racing trans.

Vipermike,
Preussen said you know a guy that works on these?

I'm completely car retarded.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Oct 28 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what was the fix? what was the price? who did it? are you happy?

Im thinking something is going on my first gear. probably the bands. :blink:
mine was built 3 months after yours was. 8-04[/b]

Ah yes, I needed new bands after my Fully rebuilt Intense Trans/TC/LSD/Gearing/I/O shafts/etc back in the day. I guess new bands were not required in a $4100 rebuild....not cool. :ph34r: <_< BTW, this happened 3 weeks after they did all the work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Oct 28 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what was the fix? what was the price? who did it? are you happy?

Im thinking something is going on my first gear. probably the bands. :blink:
mine was built 3 months after yours was. 8-04[/b]

It needed a new torque converter and drive band. A place in Elk Grove did it, DRC transmissions. It cost me $2300. The guy was also nice enough to tighten bolts for me, since he said nearly every bolt under the hood was loose. Apparently the sway bar was ready to fall off. He also checked out a few other things. He said the blowers probably going to go soon. Fish disagrees, but somehow I think this guy might know a little more. I'm happy with the service, the owner's a really nice guy. I haven't really stepped on it yet, but it seems better than before it broke even. It comes with a 1 year warranty too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info