kr issue

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kwgpgtp99 @ Oct 5 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
finally scanned my car last night after about a month of running my 3.4 with supporting mods.i also have wizair cai,3 in zzp catted dp,zzp pcm,zzp poly motor mounts. and somehow im getting 5.7 degrees of kr at the end of first i believe.im also running somewhat rich and im lokking for someone good with tuning to dial it all in a get rid of my kr.[/b]
What plugs and wires are you running? What thermostat? What does your o2 readings say?
Do you have your stock PCM still?

kwgpgtp99

Jul 4, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Oct 5 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kwgpgtp99 @ Oct 5 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
finally scanned my car last night after about a month of running my 3.4 with supporting mods.i also have wizair cai,3 in zzp catted dp,zzp pcm,zzp poly motor mounts. and somehow im getting 5.7 degrees of kr at the end of first i believe.im also running somewhat rich and im lokking for someone good with tuning to dial it all in a get rid of my kr.[/b]
What plugs and wires are you running? What thermostat? What does your o2 readings say?
Do you have your stock PCM still?
[/b][/quote]
stock wires,zzp pcm,tr6 plugs,180 tstat.right now the only o2 i have is the one in the rear manifold.the other is an 02 emulator

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Oct 8 2008, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
When talking about O2s your looking for the millivolt readout at WOT. It'll let us know if your running lean or not. Another thing is I haven't heard anything good about NGK plugs in these motors. you may want to look at picking up a set of autolite 104s.[/b]
Yeah, the first o2 is the only one that matters. Like justyourshadow said get a WOT reading.
NGK plugs are a good quality plug. a little better then autolites when it comes to plug life and ability to reduce knock(when compared to the the same heat range plug from autolite). Either choice is fine for trying to reduce knock.

moddman

Oct 26, 2007
Midwest
I just had to go thru that with my 01 GTP I was scanning the car with HP tuners and had literallly 8* kr on WOT from a dead stop it turned out to be the wires. I put in a new set of delcos instead of the junk kem mag wires and all is good now. No more noticable kr and all power is back especially at WOT....Nice.

kwgpgtp99

Jul 4, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moddman @ Oct 17 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just had to go thru that with my 01 GTP I was scanning the car with HP tuners and had literallly 8* kr on WOT from a dead stop it turned out to be the wires. I put in a new set of delcos instead of the junk kem mag wires and all is good now. No more noticable kr and all power is back especially at WOT....Nice.[/b]

idk maybe my wires are brand new

moddman

Oct 26, 2007
Midwest
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kwgpgtp99 @ Oct 21 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moddman @ Oct 17 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just had to go thru that with my 01 GTP I was scanning the car with HP tuners and had literallly 8* kr on WOT from a dead stop it turned out to be the wires. I put in a new set of delcos instead of the junk kem mag wires and all is good now. No more noticable kr and all power is back especially at WOT....Nice.[/b]

idk maybe my wires are brand new
[/b][/quote]

I forgot to mention that I also swapped my stock coils for MSD coils since the delcos had carbon traces which meant that they were arcing while the car was running under load. This might or might not be your problem but it worked on my car and it might be worth checking them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info