wet floors

dizave

Regular
Apr 27, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kwgpgtp99 @ Sep 13 2008, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
anyone ever deal with wet floors in there grand prix.my 99 had damp carpet on the drivers side so i pulled it up and it was barely wet.then i went to the passenger side and up top it was dry but under the padding was soaked and there was about a half inch of standing water.anyone have this issue or mines just a total piece of shit[/b]

Its a common problem, under the glove box there is hose by the fire wall that gets clogged.

use this link to diagnose

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=19...e=1&smode=1

I

imported_Theautoguy

I didn't click the link but if it doesn't state that you must keep that 90 degree hose on the nipple then...YOU MUST KEEP THAT 90 DEGREE HOSE ON THE NIPPLE! Other wise, while driving the condensate will wic back along the nipple and empty into the passenger side.

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Sep 14 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
might want to try the grand prix section as well :cheers:[/b]

I haven't had the problem you are having with the hose but i do have an issue with water coming in my drivers side door. Sometimes when it rains, water will start dripping from the top of the door and there will be water running by the small speaker on the top front of the door. Sometimes it doesn't happen and other times it is really bad. I had the rubber replaced and the problem went away for a little while but it has now returned. Any ideas on why this would happen? I was thinking maybe my door is out of alignment. When the door is closed, you can see it is slightly off from the rest of the car. Has anyone heard of this problem?

[attachment=3426:photo_6628.jpg]

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLKGP2000 @ Oct 21 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Sep 14 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
might want to try the grand prix section as well :cheers:[/b]

I haven't had the problem you are having with the hose but i do have an issue with water coming in my drivers side door. Sometimes when it rains, water will start dripping from the top of the door and there will be water running by the small speaker on the top front of the door. Sometimes it doesn't happen and other times it is really bad. I had the rubber replaced and the problem went away for a little while but it has now returned. Any ideas on why this would happen? I was thinking maybe my door is out of alignment. When the door is closed, you can see it is slightly off from the rest of the car. Has anyone heard of this problem?

[attachment=3426:photo_6628.jpg]
[/b][/quote]

my 99 also had a wet driverside area near the door and seat area. I just put some more gasket material under the weather stripping to bulge it out more and it fixed the problem 123. I just used some door gasket foam/rubber like you would use on your house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info