Low Beam's Don't Work

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
Took the GTP out tonight because my wife was said the transmission was acting funny today, and I found out that the low beams aren't working. She had night classes earlier tonight, and she said they worked just fine then.

I tried to do some searching on ClubGP and through Google, and turned up nothing worthwhile. (PS - the search function on ClubGP blows harder than a tuba-playing hooker). Is this a common failure, and where should I start troubleshooting?

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
Bulbs are fine. High beams come on, as do parking lights, and low beams do not come on either with auto lamps or with the switch. I'll find out about DRL's tomorrow. Checked the 60A megafuse in the engine bay fusebox, and it's fine. Did see a breaker for the low beams in the cabin fusebox, but of course there isn't another one in there on another circuit that I can swap in to test.

DaytonaGTP25

Regular
Feb 8, 2008
VillaPark
I had the same problem.... and I thought the same thing. they both just stopped working one night, high beams and parking worked so i thought it wasnt bulbs, i replaced my fuse and the breaker, nothing. I had extra bulbs laying around and said what the hell....i pluged them in...and...they worked.... So as much as you don't think it's the blubs, as I did.... try the bulbs.... worked for me lol.... :rolleyes:

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Sep 5 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had the same problem.... and I thought the same thing. they both just stopped working one night, high beams and parking worked so i thought it wasnt bulbs, i replaced my fuse and the breaker, nothing. I had extra bulbs laying around and said what the hell....i pluged them in...and...they worked.... So as much as you don't think it's the blubs, as I did.... try the bulbs.... worked for me lol.... :rolleyes:[/b]

...it's the bulbs... both are blown. They were Silverstar Ultra's and less than a year old.

Maybe I should look into those Spyder projector headlights since I have an excuse now to upgrade. The money I get back from returning the switch should be enough to cover the costs ($367+tax).

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
If anyone cares I bought the projector housings and they worked great:

IMG_4572.jpg

I also disabled the DRLs for future install of HIDs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info