my zzp race weekend results

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
ive gotten a couple pm's about how the car did, well i thought i'd post it up lol. ended up not even making a complete pass before i chipped a couple pistons......i can't blame anyone but myself, but i DID have the car tuned at zzp, and it WAS exactly how i pulled it off the dyno....I really don't know what happened, as my laptop must have died on the launch, from being throw into the back seat area (i knew i shoulda got a mount!). The wb02 was at 11.7-11.8 the whole time, and i was running 108 unleaded fuel. should have been okay, but the added timing musta been too much. I had an issue with 5*kr right after i got home, and matt said it was because the car was heatsoaked. I believed him....well...maybe he was right, but it wasnt heatsoaked this time....

couple pics of the carnage....

100_0533.jpg

100_0536.jpg

100_0539.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
sorry to hear that man, hopefully you can get here back together for the tcg track day! Do you think maybe your i/c might have had a technical difficulty? Just an idea, probably not what happened. gl getting her fixed, i saw you say you were going to tone it down a little, does that mean the quest for 11's is going to be over?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Sorry to hear about that. I was expecting hear some nice times with your build.
Matt M mentioned a good point about inconsistent race fuel being a possibility.
But with that much timing on l26 block even a small issue can have big problems.
maybe less timing and leaning it out a little could of been a safer choice over all.

When you were tuned, did they make that much more power with higher timing and a richer afr then vice versa?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
nah im still going to shoot for 11's, but im going to start gradually with the timing for now. matt tuned it for all out, i dont know what all he tried, but it made decent power (347whp). im going to start with 15* timing this time and work my way up. i will be using new fuel as well. maybe that was the problem, but it was the same barrel that it was tuned with as well.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i think actually I'm going to slap a couple pistons in it, and just go with it. The cylinder walls are good, I'll just need to pick up a set of heads, or send mine out to have them fluxed (for as cheap as heads go for, ill prolly just buy a set). by toning it down, i mean im going to try leaner/less timing, and/or less timing, more boost.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well you are i/ced, so for you less timing and more boost might be your ticket to make more power. I don't know if it works like the turbo guys but they'll run more boost and less timing. That's weird that your car just puked out like that....

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
give me a call when your going to be working on it I would be interested in at least watching, also I was going to see if you had a set of dr's or slicks I could maby rent from you for a day I really want to get this thing out to the track this year I have a 350z to smoke

Brett

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Sep 2 2008, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah, aaron and i are going to pull the block tonight, and ive got some pistons on the way from ed....should have it up and running within a week or two....[/b]

dang man, sorry to hear about this. That bites. Hopefully you get it up and running soon, Id like to see the times once its all good

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Sep 3 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
looks like saturday ill be pullin the motor. feel free to stop by....too much stuff going on this week. if you wanna use them slicks of mine you can. what size brakes are you running?[/b]

what ever stock 06' brakes are, I havent evean looked at them yet. I will definatly stop by on saturday

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1quick98_gs @ Sep 3 2008, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Sep 3 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like saturday ill be pullin the motor. feel free to stop by....too much stuff going on this week. if you wanna use them slicks of mine you can. what size brakes are you running?[/b]

what ever stock 06' brakes are, I havent evean looked at them yet. I will definatly stop by on saturday
[/b][/quote]

IIRC they should fit unless it is the GXP setup. However, if they are stock GTs, you should be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info