help?!?!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
thanks to robert (justyourshadow) for giving me a hand replacing the pump. looks like the tank pressure sensor on the new pump assembly isnt right for the car or something though, the SES light is on and indicates "Evap. Emission Control System - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low"

so i think im gonna swap the old one on and see what happens.

if that doesnt fix it, not sure what will

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
i think i got it licked. --

when i took the pump back out, it certainly looked like the o-ring was half out of place, not in the rim where it belonged. i thouroughly inspected the gasket for any signs of damage, but didnt find any. so a little bit of lubrication, and i pushed that sucker back in the hole and put the snap ring back in place. i used my gas can and filled the tank all the way up, and it didnt come out anywhere. --but i was still getting the DTC indicating low tank pressure. stupid me decided to try and swap the one from the old pump assembly to the new one. OOPS! -- removing the one from the newly installed pump resulted in a mini fuel geiser there for a second... i guess it is holding pressure at the seal after all. but swapping the sensor didnt fix it. sooo... as much as i didnt want to, made mini geiser again to put the new sensor back on... then went and dug for a tiny jeweler's screwdriver and bent the connectors on the female plug so they made better contact (apparently probing the wires with my voltmeter spaced out the connector too much.) No more SES light!!!!

so after the mini geiser, there was a bit of room left in the top of the tank again. so after getting the top of the tank cleaned up, and getting things straightened out, i drove down a few blocks to the gas station to top of the tank again to check for leaks. (also checked before filling up to see if driving/braking made any sloshing leaks... none) Filled the tank back up (about a gallon fit) and NO LEAKS YAAAAY

I'm gonna test it out on the commute to work tomorrow-- should still be full enough to see any potential leaks i think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Toasty
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list