H.I.D. Question

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ill try to explain. Someone mentioned this on clubgp and I kinda noticed it one day. Apparently, when the ballasts power on, it interferes with the radio reception. As soon as the ballasts turn off, the radio will come in alot clearer. Mine does it too I guess. I never listen to the actual radio though. I listen to music VIA iPhone. :D

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Jul 21 2008, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ill try to explain. Someone mentioned this on clubgp and I kinda noticed it one day. Apparently, when the ballasts power on, it interferes with the radio reception. As soon as the ballasts turn off, the radio will come in alot clearer. Mine does it too I guess. I never listen to the actual radio though. I listen to music VIA iPhone. :D[/b]

Intresting. we have quite a few cars running HIDs(all from WBS) and never had the this issue. Even on start up with cars ranging from cavilers to G6s
What brand ballasts are you using? Sounds like low quality units to me to allow that much electrical interference that the radio wont work.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Mine are ebay crap as well, but i get no radio interference.... Did you guys mount the ballasts next to something important? Mine are under the bumper in the front of the car, kinda hard to get to but not easy to see....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We've found it's generally car related. The same ballast will have a problem on one car and not on another but as far as a commonality between cars that might give us some insight into why the problem exists... no luck.

My 04' does this but my truck never did, nor did my Excursion, nor does the Cobalt.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Ironically last night i just had my car on 96.3 lol, i wasn't listening to it, it just so happened to be on... but back to the story it was crappy sounding i didn't think anything of it because i personally hate that station, but i turned the car off and perfect radio reception, turned on the hid's and static... lol, its really weird, you guys jinxed me!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info