Another stupid can I run this pully thread

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Ok still running the stock pully with.....DHP PCM, 180 t stat, taylor 8.5's and autolite 104's, thrasher cai. I don't have anyway to scan. Its a 97 with 122k miles. Can I run the 3.4 safely?

Part 2... if I can, anyone in the Plainfield area with a puller I can rent? Yes I will pay for it, I'll be in this weekend, will need to bring it back to Raleigh with me, then ship back to you. I think I have enough people here that can vouch for me that I'm trustworthly.
Thanks in advance.............

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I just read this thread and want to clarify what was said before.

I need to have less than 7° of KR and closer to 0° of KR on stock pulley in order to start thinking of running a 3.4... Correct me if I am wrong.

In order to find the amount I have now, can I use just about any ODBII scanner? I have Digimoto 4.03 software on my Laptop and have access to a friend's ODBII scanner. As far as I know, no mods have been done to this car as I have a feeling that it was not owned by an enthusiast but someone who just liked the car.

If the car does not seem to be a likely candidate for a 3.4, what supporting mods can increase the possbilities of running one?

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (emersonhart13 @ Jul 23 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
U Bend removal, DP, colder plugs, intake, tune.[/b]

Ahh, thanks... forgot about the U bend...

Autolite 104's is the popular choice for plugs IIRC?

should I go FWI or CAI? Or are you talking about something a bit more radical like ported and Polished TB?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info