WTB: Bose Amp

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
No Rich, didn't get a chance to fix the wiring of the speakers, but went through my second battery and took it to the shop... The amp was taking up a lot of voltage out of the battery just sitting there, with the ignition off. The only hacked wiring is from the speakers so it has to be the amp?

Any ways thanks for looking out, I'm on the road this week and still looking for an amp if someone has one available.

Peace!

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (3800SC98 @ Jul 16 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No Rich, didn't get a chance to fix the wiring of the speakers, but went through my second battery and took it to the shop... The amp was taking up a lot of voltage out of the battery just sitting there, with the ignition off. The only hacked wiring is from the speakers so it has to be the amp?

Any ways thanks for looking out, I'm on the road this week and still looking for an amp if someone has one available.

Peace![/b]

The amp should only be powered when the radio is turned on or the car is running (not sure of the exact wiring of the bose system). If it is pulling power when the car is shut off, it seems like there is something else wrong. Is the wiring hacked up behind the radio? Are any of the other amps pullin any power when the car is just sitting?

I'll look for a wiring diagram and see if I can figure anything out.

~Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list