zzp pcm help on my 05

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
well i installed the zzp pcm yesterday and did the security procedure and everything seemed to be fine at first. i didnt take it for a ride right away since me and a buddy were installing ssc's but when we were all done takeing it for a test drive it was running very weird. while coasting the rpms would jump up and down from about 650 to 1300ish and it died when i was waiting in line at mcdonalds it died several times but would start right back up and there isnt any codes set off or anything like that. any ideas?? thanks for the help

-zack

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gtpdriver7 @ Jun 4 2008, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i have a 98 but the rpm situation seems like the same thing that happened to my car. check the MAF sensor. when i changed that the problem went away. same exact thing happened to my buddies 99. i know yours is a 05 but you never know.[/b]

i was looking under my hood and noticed that my intake fell off at some point last night... it fell off after the maf and the maf was still connected to the throttle body but the rest was just hanging there i put it all back together and took it for another ride with no problems but i might be one of those weird things that happens when it wants to

-zack

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sp_dynasty @ Jun 4 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gtpdriver7 @ Jun 4 2008, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a 98 but the rpm situation seems like the same thing that happened to my car. check the MAF sensor. when i changed that the problem went away. same exact thing happened to my buddies 99. i know yours is a 05 but you never know.[/b]

i was looking under my hood and noticed that my intake fell off at some point last night... it fell off after the maf and the maf was still connected to the throttle body but the rest was just hanging there i put it all back together and took it for another ride with no problems but i might be one of those weird things that happens when it wants to

-zack
[/b][/quote]

That makes sense for sure.

Reminds me of a similar situation back when i worked at Pep Boys, this girl brought her car in to get a new fuel pump b/c it wouldnt start and thats what someone told her it was...so the mechanic goes thru the whole process of changing the fuel pump, goes to start the car and it wouldn't start, upon looking further into it her intake had done the same thing as yours, the mechanic reinstalled the intake plumbing and sure enough it started right up..... :lolsign:

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Ive had similar issues with zzp pcm on my 04 compg. Shifting issues primarily which i guess would affect rpms also. Anywho i dont run it anymore. I emailed them and sent it back about a year ago and they sent it back and still had issues. I said fuck it!. Threw that shit in the trunk.lol I dont even really give a shit about my car anymore....sad but true.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info