Porportioning valve leaking-questions

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
My passenger side rear proportioning valve is leaking a bit. Brake pedal is still firm and I haven’t noticed any fluid loss, but its definitely leaking very slowly.

Quesiton is, how much is this part $$ to replace and how hard is it? It looks easy to take off and then all I would need to do is bleed the brakes, correct?

I’ve never really come across this on the forums here, kind of weird.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ May 28 2008, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My passenger side rear proportioning valve is leaking a bit. Brake pedal is still firm and I haven’t noticed any fluid loss, but its definitely leaking very slowly.

Quesiton is, how much is this part $$ to replace and how hard is it? It looks easy to take off and then all I would need to do is bleed the brakes, correct?

I’ve never really come across this on the forums here, kind of weird.[/b]

Just be sure that it is the block that is leaking and not a crack/break in the line. You will need to bleed the brakes after this, but only the rears. May be a good time to change your brake fluid, since you are getting into it anyway.

~Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list