SD Grand Prix Front Air Dam

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
so ive been thinking about getting one of these for my car. ive always liked the way they change the look of the front end.

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GP1099/GPEXT/SD+Gra...nt+Air+Dam.html

couple questions though as i do not have a freaking clue what im doing when it comes to body work...

1) how hard is it to prep paint the thing
2) does anyone have one of these on there car now that can tell me how to install it and how hard it exactly was....??
3) (if i do go for it) does anyone know where i can pick one up for cheaper or less shipping than PFYC???

Also at the same time im looking at getting the new GPO grill inserts and would have to prep paint those as well (guessing same instructions?)

thanks

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ May 27 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
so ive been thinking about getting one of these for my car. ive always liked the way they change the look of the front end.

couple questions though as i do not have a freaking clue what im doing when it comes to body work...

2) does anyone have one of these on there car now that can tell me how to install it and how hard it exactly was....??
3) (if i do go for it) does anyone know where i can pick one up for cheaper or less shipping than PFYC???

Also at the same time im looking at getting the new GPO grill inserts and would have to prep paint those as well (guessing same instructions?)

thanks[/b]
Performance>Aesthetics :lolsign:

Just an FYI...those front dams are garbage. they are held on very weakly and upclose you can tell they are not one solid peice with the front bumper. Also why add to the already low clearance the front?
bumper has.
They are very easy to install.

I

imported_1fastGTP

I have one on the red prix. they use double sided tape... but everyone puts 2 screws in the back by the wheel to keep it snug. Otherwise these are not garbage, and make the car look totally different and more aggressive.

turbopic5.jpg

turbopic6.jpg

turbopic2.jpg

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ May 27 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ May 27 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks[/b]
Performance>Aesthetics :lolsign:

Just an FYI...those front dams are garbage. they are held on very weakly and upclose you can tell they are not one solid peice with the front bumper. Also why add to the already low clearance the front?
bumper has.
They are very easy to install.
[/b][/quote]
i agree but this will be the first visual thing that ive done, i think thats pretty good....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fastGTP @ May 28 2008, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have one on the red prix. they use double sided tape... but everyone puts 2 screws in the back by the wheel to keep it snug. Otherwise these are not garbage, and make the car look totally different and more aggressive.[/b]
thanks, i forgot that you had one of these on your car. looks good

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nuvis211 @ May 28 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have one for sale PM me[/b]
sending pm now....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 28 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I guess rims dont count as appearance huh?[/b]
nope, there both lol...but they do look bad ass...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ May 28 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 28 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess rims dont count as appearance huh?[/b]

Depends on how you look at it. Assuming Kevin got lighter rims, he could get them up to speed quicker, and also stop them quicker by having a lighter rotating mass.

~Rich
[/b][/quote]
you rock my friend, answering him back before i could, thats awesome

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (emersonhart13 @ May 28 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wider rims and wider tires improve performance. Improved Handling and Braking!!!

I would consider a lightweight 18 by 8 a performance increase over a 16 by 6. Especially if the wheel and tire combo was within reason weight wise.[/b]
ding we have a winner, my rims actually do weigh less then the stockies....fyi

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
For straight line performance, bigger wheels do 2 things. Jack and shit. No other way around that logic. They will help handling depending on the rest of your suspension. The soft ass suspension of a GP really needs to be upgraded before you feel any real significant gains in a turn.

Also, if you think 18 inch rims will stop faster with the puny stock 10.9 inch brakes, your silly. You should know John.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 28 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For straight line performance, bigger wheels do 2 things. Jack and shit. No other way around that logic. They will help handling depending on the rest of your suspension. The soft ass suspension of a GP really needs to be upgraded before you feel any real significant gains in a turn.

Also, if you think 18 inch rims will stop faster with the puny stock 10.9 inch brakes, your silly. You should know John.[/b]
ha ha agreed, but they do look damn nice, also, suspension is done (Kyb gr-2 struts, eibach springs), gmpp handling package is comming, and im already working on the 12" brakes.... :lol:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ May 28 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 28 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, if you think 18 inch rims will stop faster with the puny stock 10.9 inch brakes, your silly. You should know John.[/b]
ha ha agreed, but they do look damn nice, also, suspension is done (Kyb gr-2 struts, eibach springs), gmpp handling package is comming, and im already working on the 12" brakes.... :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Yea you are...

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jun 11 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2000GTPK @ Jun 11 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jun 3 2008, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nuvis211 @ May 28 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have one for sale PM me[/b]
still waiting for photos.
[/b][/quote]

what rims did you have for stockers?
[/b][/quote]
Me? I had the special edition rims.
[/b][/quote]

oh thats right you got one of the special edition ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info