exhaust suggestions needed

I

imported_1fastGTP

remove your mufflers and u-bend, sounds awesome and really cheap. the u-bend is right after the cat, they will cut it off and replace it with a straight pipe. dont bother with the cat if you will doing a d/p or any other exhaust mod.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
It's very easy to tell where the U-Bend is when you look underneath as it curvs down and then back up. Delete the U-Bend, but do not remove the CAT or RES as it will sound raspy. Straight pipes are cheap, but they don't sound good in my standards. Atleast get a performance muffler as they don't cost too much more than getting straight pipes in the first place. Go with magnaflow, dynomax, or SLP, but stay the hell away from flowmasters!

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ May 21 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's very easy to tell where the U-Bend is when you look underneath as it curvs down and then back up. Delete the U-Bend, but do not remove the CAT or RES as it will sound raspy. Straight pipes are cheap, but they don't sound good in my standards. Atleast get a performance muffler as they don't cost too much more than getting straight pipes in the first place. Go with magnaflow, dynomax, or SLP, but stay the hell away from flowmasters![/b]
now if you do the amost the excact opposite of what he says i agree. (with the exception of the ubend, get rid of that)

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilikebmx999 @ May 21 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i like the sound of my car with no Cat, no Res through stock mufflers. i think flowmasters sound like ass unless its on an LT1 car. no mufflers sound just as worse.[/b]

this is what i have but i have a high flow cat and its not to bad
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silverbullet @ May 21 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilikebmx999 @ May 21 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like the sound of my car with no Cat, no Res through stock mufflers. i think flowmasters sound like ass unless its on an LT1 car. no mufflers sound just as worse.[/b]

no res, no cat, 3" exhaust, and FLOWMASTERS

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/rio...nt=2b7c5680.pbr
[/b][/quote]
this is what i want.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silverbullet @ May 21 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilikebmx999 @ May 21 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

lets hear a video under anything thats not idle. ALOT of cars sound good at idle. thats about it.

sounds terrible and drones like mad @ WOT or any throttle at that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilikebmx999 @ May 21 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silverbullet @ May 21 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

lets hear a video under anything thats not idle. ALOT of cars sound good at idle. thats about it.

[/b][/quote]

my 40 series flowmasters droned me to death. i had a cat as well.

I

imported_silverbullet

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilikebmx999 @ May 21 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silverbullet @ May 21 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

well, i'm used to the drone and it doesn't annoy me. i now recently install wbody store resonator. it helps quiet down at start up, but still loud at wot. so far i like it!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I had a SLP loudmouth for 3 days and sold it......DRONE was terrible at ALL speeds and sounded like crap.

Bought a Borla 5 years ago and have been happy ever since. Best sound, exhaust tips and 304 stainless throughout, not 409 like all others. A good used one can be had for about 400 if you look around.

Personally, all the other exhaust are too loud and obnoxious, especially at wot. Do your reasearch first on this and listen to a few in person and in the car at WOT.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ May 21 2008, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ May 21 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's very easy to tell where the U-Bend is when you look underneath as it curvs down and then back up. Delete the U-Bend, but do not remove the CAT or RES as it will sound raspy. Straight pipes are cheap, but they don't sound good in my standards. Atleast get a performance muffler as they don't cost too much more than getting straight pipes in the first place. Go with magnaflow, dynomax, or SLP, but stay the hell away from flowmasters![/b]
now if you do the amost the excact opposite of what he says i agree. (with the exception of the ubend, get rid of that)
[/b][/quote]

Wow. Way to shit all over my advice.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 22 2008, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you want the borla sound, save $800 and just buy the pro XS mufflers.

If you want something that is a bit deeper and cheaper, Hooker maxflows.[/b]
you know of a sound clip anywhere, where do you get these from?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ May 22 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Be patient and you can find them for abour 400 used. Mine was $699 five years ago. I think thier about $950 now![/b]
lol, ive been patient for the last 2 years...lol (i found that used one on club gp for $600 but honestly for another $200 i could have new so i passed on it)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info