How are you spending your Economic stimulus rebate check?

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Got my rebate check for the wife and I recently and have purchased the following items.........

$1000 IRA (mutal fund)
$350 Toro recycler/selfpropelled lawnmower (Consmer Reports best buy!)
$200 Binkman gas grill (Consumer Reports best buy!)
$1200 in Grand Prix parts/fluids from ZZP, Wbodystore, Carquest, Ed Morad)
$500 in savings account for a full Bathroom gut job in June

I’d say I threw my money around pretty good to help the economy! Funny thing is though, by definition, we are still not in a recession (2 quarters of negative growth)! With all the doom and gloom in the mass media you think we were in the next great depression!

Anyway, any day the GOVT gives you back YOUR MONEY is a good day in my book. Are tax rates/fees are too high and the govt spends it inefficiently.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (horist @ May 13 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ May 11 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought everyone is only getting $600 per person or $1200 per couple. You got $3000+ of stuff you bought.[/b]

not everyone gets 600 ... or even anything :/ stupid government
[/b][/quote]

Because they gave the people money back who dont even pay taxes!! Should have excluded them and pushed up the $ amount to 90 or 100k as it originaly was before the democrats cried foul!

The GOVT penalizes people who earn to much and rewards those who dont.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info