Car vandalized

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
It sucks... I know from experience twice. Be thankful they are just two tires. The first time my car was vandalized, some kids sprayed the side of my car with a BB gun... shot out the driver-side window and dented the entire side of the car. Second time, some moron kids where shooting bottle rockets when one hit my car while it was covered. Started the cover on fire, melted a chunk of my spoiler and tailight. Both of these were within the last two years. Total cost to fix both was around $1500, but it helps when you know people and when the moron kids with the BB gun get caught and I receive almost full restitution.

Now I no longer live at home (not even Chicago anymore) and I have a nice 2.5 car garage.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98GTPDriva @ May 8 2008, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It sucks... I know from experience twice. Be thankful they are just two tires. The first time my car was vandalized, some kids sprayed the side of my car with a BB gun... shot out the driver-side window and dented the entire side of the car. Second time, some moron kids where shooting bottle rockets when once hit my car while it was covered. Started the cover on fire, melted a chunk of my spoiler and tailight.

Now I no longer live at home (not even Chicago anymore) and I have a nice 2.5 car garage.[/b]

Oh fuck. That doesn't sound even close to the shit that happened today. I got somewhat lucky today, but I'll be REAL fucking lucky if that front tire isn't damaged and can be put right back on. If not I need a whole new goddamn set. And unless I'm blind, the rim isn't damaged.

I remember about a year ago, I parked downtown in a library and the body panel on the passenger side was torn off, no sign of crowbar or anything to rip it off. How the fuck does someone rip that off with their bare hands, and WHY?!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
That sucks. But the plus side is.. that those tires suck anyways.

What do you mean by the valve was torn out? Are you talking that little thing (core) inside the valve stem? If so, they can just be unscrewed with a "special" tool.. which NTB/Merlins would definately have. (I have one, I work at NTB) Its a VERY easy fix. But from the pics it looks like atleast the front tire is showing some wear on the sidewall, kinda looks like the rear is slightly too. Hopefully they arent too damaged.. by that I mean that the sidewall wasnt eaten on the inside from the rim/run flat.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
Ok, so turns out theres a brand new twist to this story. Last night, I get a call from number: 630-969-9714 telling me to check my mailbox, and hanging up immediately. I checked it this morning, it has my name on it, and inside is what I believe is part of the valve stem taped next to "HAHAHA" written in big letters. When I get to work today, I'm reporting this also to my manager, might even feel like filing a police report and getting the number traced. They're not very smart, because now I have theirs or someones number.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 9 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rang 12 times. Nothing. My guess is that it is a payphone or someone really really poor and cant get free voicemail or a $20 answering machine.[/b]

Well no idea what I can do if it's just a payphone. I guess I'm going back to my suspects list, and remember to always check the car before I leave. I usually-mostly do, but I was just so eager to leave after I stayed about an hour overtime, that I didn't think of it.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
NEW INFO!!!

I got the car back from the shop Friday before work. $145 dollars for the tow and repair. All four tires are fine, and the rims were not damaged. No harm done, except the cash out of my pocket of course.

Turns out two of my co-workers and some punk little ****** were involved. Thursday, when this happened, our manager happened to have the day off. So I remember one of the co-workers; the one who was involved, telling me to move my car to the other lot. And then the other co-worker, and his ****** friend pulled the stunt. The co-worker who told me to move the car, fessed up to my manager yesterday, but never apologized. Later he threatened worse things would happen to my car. The other co-worker put his two weeks in a day before it occurred. Turns out everyone knows the co-worker who fessed up did it, because he can't keep his moronic mouth shut and people overheard.

Now I'm not exactly sure what to do. I'm going to file a police report, but I don't know how far that will actually take me as the police won't end up getting anything done unless I happen to pull out a recording of it happening out of my ass. My 2nd option is to pursue these three stupid underage loser's parents and make the parents pay. All 3 of their parents are very strict, and they will get fucked up by them, so I don't have to fuck them up myself.

What do you think I should do?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98GTPDriva @ May 11 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would do everything I can to make sure they pay for the damages and receive a proper punishment.[/b]
x2

i agree, they (or the parents) should pay, if the parents have to pay they will surely take out the $50 (per kid) out of there asses.....

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Nothing is going to happen if you do NOTHING about it.

File a police report!!!

You can probably have them do community service and pay to fix your ride if you press charges. Not to mention, the trouble thier parents will give them too. I hope they are being fired from the company as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info