new paint question

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silverbullet @ May 7 2008, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
my buddy had his car repainted about 3 weeks ago. the body shop told him he can't use hot water or soap for about 6 weeks. my question is, is it necessary to wait 6 weeks? the shop said he can wash his car now, but only with cold water and that's it no soap, wax or anything.[/b]

I understand the "no wax" thing because the paint still needs time to cure. Buy why would your friend want to use hot water anyway? For as many times that I have washed my car, the water always comes out cold, unless it is the middle of winter and I am hooking the hose up to the kitchen sink, so I don't have to go outside. I don't know about the "no soap" thing... I've gotten about half of my GP repainted over the past two years and the first thing I did was wash it because of all of the dust and crap in a body shop. I've never seen any negative effects from it either.

I

imported_silverbullet

he takes his car to the car wash and don't know if some place still using hot water that's why the body shop told him about the hot water. i think it's kind of for insurance thing the shop told him to wait at least 6 weeks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list