WTB:newer moped under $800

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Where is the gas savings? $800 for the moped, $50 for tax, and $125 to title it/plates. $1,000 to drive 2 miles to work? Not to mention you will need insurance in case you get pulled over.

Just trying to help ya out by lookin at it a different way. Remember you can only ride it for 7-8 months at most and you have to get something street legal, or else you will get ticketed up the ass.

I

imported_GraFFix

I would also say, for a 2 mile ride get a cheap garage sale bike and get a little exercise. I wish I could ride my bike to work. Its only around 8 miles which isnt bad, but the roads I have to take I would probably get killed.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Just be pratical for 2 miles he is better off walking or riding a bike.

It is not economical to buy a vehicle to do it that requires insurance and maintenance.

Illinois.if you have a moped or as jesse calls it a "pedacycle" all you need is ANY class license to drive it.l,m,d,c,b,a,....take your pic...but it has to be a pedacycle...50cc or less,30 mph tops and 2 hp and single speed. It must meet all those requirements to be a moped...

Otherwise it is a motorcycle and you need a class L or M.

justinad12

Mar 24, 2008
the reason why i want a moped is that i have to change tires all day long 10 hrs a day. not just car tires , more often semi and tractor tires. i get tired and the last thing i need to do is walk or ride a bike to and from work every day. lifting 250 lb tire wheel combinations all day long tends to do a toll on your body ya know

My dads got a scooter he bought brand new a few years ago he mentioned something about selling. Im not sure how much he wants, Ill ask. You do need insurance but its not much at all. And no you DO NOT need a helmet or special license to operate it. At least not it Illinois. We obviously have one and have checked into it to make sure. As for the gas thing Im pretty sure my dad fills it like once and rides around town on it all sumer long.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UgotBeatbyaGirl @ May 15 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My dads got a scooter he bought brand new a few years ago he mentioned something about selling. Im not sure how much he wants, Ill ask. You do need insurance but its not much at all. And no you DO NOT need a helmet or special license to operate it. At least not it Illinois. We obviously have one and have checked into it to make sure. As for the gas thing Im pretty sure my dad fills it like once and rides around town on it all sumer long.[/b]

Its a 2003 Yamaha Zuma. Its blue and has about 250 miles on it. He would like to get $1000.00 for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info