Suspension

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Ok im not really familiar with suspension parts and hopefully someone can help me out. What controls the lateral movement of the car? For cornering and say lane changes on the highway. My car feels sloppy when cornering and a lil loose (if that makes sense) when changing lanes on the highway. I guess what im trying to find out is what I need to start looking at on a car with 65K? My struts feel ok...far from new but ok. What else possibly needs to be looked at? Help anyone! I know my ISS is messed up again (needs lube) so is that a cause for concern ? (long term) What are the chances of it breaking?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tonzcompg04 @ May 5 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok im not really familiar with suspension parts and hopefully someone can help me out. What controls the lateral movement of the car? For cornering and say lane changes on the highway. My car feels sloppy when cornering and a lil loose (if that makes sense) when changing lanes on the highway. I guess what im trying to find out is what I need to start looking at on a car with 65K? My struts feel ok...far from new but ok. What else possibly needs to be looked at? Help anyone! I know my ISS is messed up again (needs lube) so is that a cause for concern ? (long term) What are the chances of it breaking?[/b]
sway bars, bushings, possibly springs (new always help), trailing arms....

GMPP has a kit out for $150 and from what ive heard it tightens the car up......

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i would check for worn bushings and endlinks first. i would also check to see if you have a cracked or broken sway bar end. any clunking? just inspect everything. can you feel if its sloppy up front, out back or both?

the rear swaybar from the gmpp kit made the biggest difference on my car.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tonzcompg04 @ May 6 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ May 5 2008, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your struts are already old at 65k...

Get larger sways with poly bushings, GMPP kit, etc. Good stiff wall tire would also help.[/b]

Well not old but far from new. Im not too concerned about them just yet. Thanks for the replies.
[/b][/quote]

Serisously....after about 20k the OEM struts are pretty worn out. 65k is well beyond what we would consider an acceptable ride. I would be concerned with them.

I'd have the agree on the GMPP kit. I just put it in, and it made a huge difference.

~Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info