Just got back from the ER

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I just got back from the ER and had a chunk of metal in my eye. Yesterday while I was finishing a quarter panel on a 03 Limited Edition GT, how ironic that it was a GP, I was grinding down some welds and had some metal go under my saftey goggles. I rinsed my eye out and thought it was out and it seemed fine until I tried to go to sleep then it went crazy. Not even two minuets of having my eyes closed it hurt so bad and I was in pain. I looked in the mirror and my right eye was totally blood shot, looked like a stoner in one eye, lol. So *** it, off to the ER at midnight. The doctor numbed my eye and went in with a large needle to scrape the metal out. She told me to focus on a object, so I did, and when she was scraping my eye my vision was blurred and twised, it looked cool. I now have a rust ring in my eye and have to go to a eye doctor asap to get the rust ring out. Also now have a cornia abrasion from the scrapping. Ill give a update when I see the eye doctor tomorrow.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, my wife didn't believe me that metal could get past the goggles but it can. I started to wear my contacts as a second line of defense.

Yeah, it always hits you when you try to go to bed, and for me the pain hits about 5-8 hours after the incident. Drink plenty of fluids, and you will need the pain meds for the next few days if they had to dig it deep enough.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I went to the eye doctor today and they did the same thing, numbed my eye, went at it with a big needle, ect. Then the doctor shoved cotton wabed under my eyelids to make sure nothing was under there. That was so fucked up feeling cotton swabs on top of my eyes. After that they dialated my eyes and looked into them to make sure everything was ok and left me drive home. I have never had my eyes dialated before so driving was the dumbest thing i could have done. I could not see anything bcause the light hurt my eyes and they were watering. I made it 20 miles home and went to sleep for four hours.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• smug
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list