Car dies out, doesn't like to start

Just Yourshadow

Who the hell is this guy?
Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
the other day when comeing to a stop my dashlights flashed at me. i thought huh that was weird until i started to go. nothing. looked at my tach and found that my car had turned off. i started it again and went home to let the car sit. came back out to test drive it to see if i could get it to do it again. only now it won't crank. i wiggle the wheel (i don't know why) i try it again and it starts. so far since then it has shut off 4 times with no warning only when brakeing under 10mph and it usually doen't start unless i wiggle the wheel. now i know it's not security because the are no telltale signs, do you guys think it could be the ignition switch? only reason i say that is because at work when this happens on the trucks it's usually the ignition switch but i've never heard of an ignition switch cutting out when brakeing under 10mph.

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Apr 29 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the other day when comeing to a stop my dashlights flashed at me. i thought huh that was weird until i started to go. nothing. looked at my tach and found that my car had turned off. i started it again and went home to let the car sit. came back out to test drive it to see if i could get it to do it again. only now it won't crank. i wiggle the wheel (i don't know why) i try it again and it starts. so far since then it has shut off 4 times with no warning only when brakeing under 10mph and it usually doen't start unless i wiggle the wheel. now i know it's not security because the are no telltale signs, do you guys think it could be the ignition switch? only reason i say that is because at work when this happens on the trucks it's usually the ignition switch but i've never heard of an ignition switch cutting out when brakeing under 10mph.[/b]

I'm not sure, but I remember when my battery drained. Took fucking forever to jump it, then had to re-jump it when I got it out of the garage. Then it died again later on the street at a stop. Had to get it towed, and got a new battery in the end.

Just Yourshadow

Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Apr 29 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the other day when comeing to a stop my dashlights flashed at me. i thought huh that was weird until i started to go. nothing. looked at my tach and found that my car had turned off. i started it again and went home to let the car sit. came back out to test drive it to see if i could get it to do it again. only now it won't crank. i wiggle the wheel (i don't know why) i try it again and it starts. so far since then it has shut off 4 times with no warning only when brakeing under 10mph and it usually doen't start unless i wiggle the wheel. now i know it's not security because the are no telltale signs, do you guys think it could be the ignition switch? only reason i say that is because at work when this happens on the trucks it's usually the ignition switch but i've never heard of an ignition switch cutting out when brakeing under 10mph.[/b]

I'm not sure, but I remember when my battery drained. Took fucking forever to jump it, then had to re-jump it when I got it out of the garage. Then it died again later on the street at a stop. Had to get it towed, and got a new battery in the end.
[/b][/quote]

it starts fine when it wants, but i'll check the battery tomarrow just in case

Just Yourshadow

Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
ok check the battery cables, there fine. today when i went to start up my car the abs light turned on, no biggie. i pull over two houses down from mine to reset it by turning off the car and then turning it back on. as soon as the key went into the on position everything started flashing and resetting. 10 min pass of dicking with it and i hit the hazards. come back with some tools and figure what the hell lets try starting it. it starts up fine. turn off the car, turn off the hazards, try and start the car everything starts flashing again. ok, got it, drive car with hazards on. i tightened up the pcm cables just in case. get the car back to my house just as about to put it in park it dies. wonderful, well at least it's in my driveway. i go to start it again and nothing, which i had before. what i didn't have before was the fact that everytime i push the brake pedal now everything in the car converts to metric, take your foot off the brake everything goes back to english. great my cars a comedian. i got it started so i figure to check anything else out why not drive it around this little triangle drainage ditch in front of my house. well all was fine until i used my turn signal and the car died out. i got it back into my driveway and have been watching my car to make sure the damn thing doesn't start on fire.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Apr 30 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ok check the battery cables, there fine. today when i went to start up my car the abs light turned on, no biggie. i pull over two houses down from mine to reset it by turning off the car and then turning it back on. as soon as the key went into the on position everything started flashing and resetting. 10 min pass of dicking with it and i hit the hazards. come back with some tools and figure what the hell lets try starting it. it starts up fine. turn off the car, turn off the hazards, try and start the car everything starts flashing again. ok, got it, drive car with hazards on. i tightened up the pcm cables just in case. get the car back to my house just as about to put it in park it dies. wonderful, well at least it's in my driveway. i go to start it again and nothing, which i had before. what i didn't have before was the fact that everytime i push the brake pedal now everything in the car converts to metric, take your foot off the brake everything goes back to english. great my cars a comedian. i got it started so i figure to check anything else out why not drive it around this little triangle drainage ditch in front of my house. well all was fine until i used my turn signal and the car died out. i got it back into my driveway and have been watching my car to make sure the damn thing doesn't start on fire.[/b]

Looks like you have an electrical gremlin.......good luck, cause they are a PAIN to track down.

~Rich

Just Yourshadow

Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
alright i pulled my BCM because well in my dad's terms "you don't need that good damn thing". now i know my car won't start but i decided to put the car to run and everything is fine, well except i dont know if anything else is wrong without the BCM but right now what i don't know can't hurt. when i pulg the BCM back in the car starts and runs but the Trac off, ABS, and Air Bag lights are on and my HUD doesn't work. interesting not is that when i did my HUD install i pull everything off the cluster. now the cluster works and my HUD doesn't, kinda screwy ain't it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info