Moisture in headlights

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Apr 26 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got my aftermarket lights less than a week ago, and one of the side markers Already has moisture in it :angry:
Is there Any way to take care of it or am I SOL?[/b]
dry it out realy good and reseal them, most of the time the seal is crap from the manufacture

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2000gpgt @ Apr 26 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Apr 26 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got my aftermarket lights less than a week ago, and one of the side markers Already has moisture in it :angry:
dry it out realy good and reseal them, most of the time the seal is crap from the manufacture
[/b][/quote]
is there a write up on how to do this? i have the same problem with my headlights and corners. they look great when there dry and clear, but when theres water in them, crap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 26 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2000gpgt @ Apr 26 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Apr 26 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
is there a write up on how to do this? i have the same problem with my headlights and corners. they look great when there dry and clear, but when theres water in them, crap
[/b][/quote]

x2

I

imported_GraFFix

Dry them out with a hair dryer first.

Then to seal them I just used clear silcone and ran a bead around the whole housing. where the clear lens meets the housing. And for a final method of sealing I put a small bead of silicone around the hole where you screw the bulb into and while it was still wet just screwed the bulb into the housing. it will dry and make a good watertight seal. When you have to change bulbs again the silicone will just peel off when you unscrew it.

Just make sure when you silicone around the housing that you get in all the little corners and stuff. It helps to run a bead then run your finger along it to clean it up and also press it into the crack. if any gets on the lens just let it dry and rub it off later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• DaytonaGTP25
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list